When I try to load the software for a new Mercury 1200u Scanner I keep
getting the error message "16 bit Windows Subsystem
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose Close to terminate

Can anybody help, I am totally stuck

Hi

Please see if the following article helps:

"Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
Program"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

--

Will Denny