Here Are The System Requirements for Crysis 3

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sayantan

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Maybe crysis 3 is utilizing the compute performance of 7970 to compensate for the fx 4170. Also 680 is not very good in compute , so it has to be paired with a quite capable CPU. Just guessing though!!

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]nao1120[/nom]Not worried about it. Crysis 1 was so poorly optimized even a high end rig chugged on some levels. Very poor game dev in my opinion.[/citation]
I agree with you to an extent here. The point that sticks though is that over 5 years later after release, it still stands up very well graphically to games released today. Poor optimization no doubt had some play in it, but the larger effect was being advanced for its time.

My take is more like if your computer can play the console-port that is Crysis 2, then Crysis 3 shouldn't be much more of a hassle seeing as the same console-friendly engine is being used.

nao1120

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
Holy hell, Just because the AMD chip is 20 FPS less in usage doesn't mean its a sub-par chip. You guys should be lucky there is a bit of competition to lower the prices of intels. Owning one, I'm giving the 8350 a change since its only 1 tier down from the higher end intels. And really when you see 1-2 tiers less, barely noticeable. If you can reach 60 FPS (which AMD can) its good enough. Not everyone needs to be extreme. Its your choice to pay up the nose for a top tier system, But at the end of the day, Is it needed? Perhaps? I would rather invest in my house then spend 2000 on a system.

kellybean

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
[citation][nom]nao1120[/nom]Not worried about it. Crysis 1 was so poorly optimized even a high end rig chugged on some levels. Very poor game dev in my opinion. If they really expect a user to buy a 680 off the bat just to play 1 game they have another thing coming. I've played various games with my Q9550 and it plays just fine even though it recommends a i5. Its some sort of scare tactic to make people purchase a new rig. Nontheless, i stand that the 6950 will be just fine. If it plays like crap, I don't need to play it.[/citation]
I second that with my Q9650 and 560Ti

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
you know, i really hate many of the graphical effects that come out today,

i mean sure, if i had a head mount display, i may like motion blur and DoF but as i don't, i despise those settings. i also dislike many of the graphic effects like bloom, and i turn them off almost across the board if i have the option. i also dont like ssao shadows because during gameplay, i will almost never notice them, with the exception of deus ex where almost everything in the environment was handled with ssao exclusively. i also dont like lenses flares, yea, sure, they can be used for cinematic effect, but my eyes dont see lense flares, why would i want them in a game?

i mean, once i tear out every obnoxious graphic effect i dont like, or want to use, how would the game end up playing?

Star72

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
[citation][nom]nao1120[/nom]Holy hell, Just because the AMD chip is 20 FPS less in usage doesn't mean its a sub-par chip. You guys should be lucky there is a bit of competition to lower the prices of intels. Owning one, I'm giving the 8350 a change since its only 1 tier down from the higher end intels. And really when you see 1-2 tiers less, barely noticeable. If you can reach 60 FPS (which AMD can) its good enough. Not everyone needs to be extreme. Its your choice to pay up the nose for a top tier system, But at the end of the day, Is it needed? Perhaps? I would rather invest in my house then spend 2000 on a system.[/citation]

I agree. The AMD chips get bashed pretty hard around here most of the time despite the fact that many of them are perfectly capable of playing games at good fps.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
[citation][nom]jn77[/nom]I know my dual LGA 2011 with 96gb of ram and 4 7990's will run this game, but I don't play games so it is a mute point.[/citation]
So your imaginary computer has 8 GPUs? I bet it's an ultraportable laptop too and gets 24 hours of battery life. I know any imaginary computer of mine would.

atminside

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
Those requirements seem unusually high for a console port. It is as if they made two different games or the console version is going to look really bad in comparison to the PC. I believe it when I see it. Crytek has lied to us before.......

somehowyellow

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
[citation][nom]jn77[/nom]I know my dual LGA 2011 with 96gb of ram and 4 7990's will run this game, but I don't play games so it is a mute point.[/citation]

It is called a "moot point" you hardware braggard

azraa

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
[citation][nom]sayantan[/nom]Maybe crysis 3 is utilizing the compute performance of 7970 to compensate for the fx 4170. Also 680 is not very good in compute , so it has to be paired with a quite capable CPU. Just guessing though!![/citation]

+1 to the 680 part.
Heck they (nVidia) mowed down compute performance to about half in this 6xx series designs so it could be more focused on 3D graphics, there is no doubt, it was proven here at launch.

deepblue08

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
Typo alert: Under Recommended Build, it says Quad Core GPU. Unless Quad-SLI is really recommended, in which case this is one of those games I will be unable to play until 4 years from now.

deepblue08

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
[citation][nom]WithoutWeakness[/nom]So your imaginary computer has 8 GPUs? I bet it's an ultraportable laptop too and gets 24 hours of battery life. I know any imaginary computer of mine would.[/citation]

Give this man a medal!

nao1120

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
[citation][nom]Ninjawithagun[/nom]i7 3930k @ 4.8GhzAsus Rampage IV Extreme16GB G.Skill 2400Mhz DDR34 x 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSDs in RAID 0EVGA GTX680 FTW 4GB GDDR5 3-Way SLIWindows 7 64-bit UltimateBring on the pain Crysis 3!! I'm ready[/citation]

Chumpstyles lol

Here's a question....

If they're reccommending a 2600k over a 2500k, implying that crysis 3 can use a full 8 threads, why the hell are they reccommending an fx 4150 over, say an 8150 (or a 4170 for that matter)?

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
[citation][nom]Murissokah[/nom]What we recommend:Top-notch PC so you can waste its potential on poorly optmized graphics code.[/citation]
You are talking out of your arse

Dax corrin

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
That would be "moot" point, so thumbs down to "mute" you.

Status
Not open for further replies.