Here Are The System Requirements for Crysis 3

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I am not worried about these specs.. There's one thing i have learned watching hardware specifications needed when releasing games IS:

They're making advertisements for newer hardware, it doesn't necessarily mean you need those cards.
There's no benefit in recommending older cards for new games.

Some will recommend AMD ( Gaming Evolved ) and a lot will recommend Nvidea ( the way it's meant to be played)..

I bet a 6950/6970,gtx570 will do.. and an i5 Sandy bridge(quad) will probably be enough.. at med/high settings.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]Hexemillian[/nom]I am not worried about these specs.. There's one thing i have learned watching hardware specifications needed when releasing games IS:They're making advertisements for newer hardware, it doesn't necessarily mean you need those cards.There's no benefit in recommending older cards for new games.Some will recommend AMD ( Gaming Evolved ) and a lot will recommend Nvidea ( the way it's meant to be played)..I bet a 6950/6970,gtx570 will do.. and an i5 Sandy bridge(quad) will probably be enough.. at med/high settings.[/citation]

Obviously you don't know how unoptimized Crysis games tend to be. LOL

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]warmon6[/nom]So to prevent some people's pc's melting, they're making it DX 11 only game.[/citation]
it's the old and over aged consoles that are keeping games from evolving

Fuerzo

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
I have an gtx680 superclocked version of EVGA with i5 3750k 3.4 ghz with 8gb ram.
Will this run the game on all max?

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Fuerzo[/nom]I have an gtx680 superclocked version of EVGA with i5 3750k 3.4 ghz with 8gb ram.Will this run the game on all max?[/citation]
not smoothly....game-play will be choppy...get another card

johnnyevil

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
One(or the few)things I know is that the cpu coolers that come with the cpu are panned pretty hard by gamers. I have recently put together a system that includes an i7-3770K as well as a 7970gh card. I have a feeling that people would tell me that playing a game of this caliber with a stock cpu cooler would be a fatal decision on my part. True or false? Thoughts...

army_ant7

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
@Johnnyevil
I think the CPU stock cooler should suffice for that CPU when it's working at full load, or else there's a problem since I believe stock coolers should be able to dissipate whatever TDP rating a CPU has.

Now, if you're gonna overclock (and/or overvolt), that's another story. :)

ihatehismap

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
[citation][nom]fuzzion[/nom]Almost everything nowadays is a console port.[/citation]
if you knew anything about the crysis series you would know it is not a console port.

G

I ran this game last night during the open beta at all max settings, and it would stick around 45fps or so on average. The build I have is a little dated until next week, but some of you should be able to play it no problem.

My Build:
i5-2500k OC'd to 4.5ghz
Asus P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard
16gb of Gskill Ripjaw 1600mhz ram
Asus 560ti 448 cuda edition
Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler
HAF 932 Blue Advanced case
Raidmax 730w PSU
1.5tb Seagate HDD 7200rpm
2x Gskill phoenix III SSD's Raid 0
Sony Optiarc DVD burner

So as you see a little dated, it will be better next week when my 680 arrives, but it still does the job easily.

[citation][nom]ubercake[/nom]So they say the "recommended" configuration includes quad core and we'll find out it only uses one core in a later review...[/citation]

That is unlikely. Many games already scale very well across four threads and there are a few that can make good use of six or eight threaded CPUs too. Given that it may be a DX11 only title, it's not unlikely that Crysis 3 will make good use out of even six and eight threaded CPUs too.

arnoldlouie

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
I don't think this bow and arrow guy is going to make me buy new hardware. It's either the game has the best game experience ever or the worst hardware optimization. I think it's the latter. I also don't believe them when they said it's going to melt pc's. Most of the people here should be able to max this game.

[citation][nom]arnoldlouie[/nom]I don't think this bow and arrow guy is going to make me buy new hardware. It's either the game has the best game experience ever or the worst hardware optimization. I think it's the latter. I also don't believe them when they said it's going to melt pc's. Most of the people here should be able to max this game.[/citation]

I disagree. Abandoning back-wards compatibility with previous versions of DX implies heavy optimization for modern DX11 cards along with very intensive settings and from what I've seen and read of the beta, that holds true.

[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]i know its been said, but 4150 is high performance PC??? wtf are they smoking?[/citation]

Yeah, IDK why they put that up there. It should at least say FX-8150 or FX-4170 if going by the Bulldozer generation. Assuming that Crysis 3 could handle eight threads well (which is implied by the i7 recommendation), it should run pretty well on the 8150 and if not, the 4170 would at least be the top Bulldozer quad-core CPU. FX-6200 would have been a good compromise.

cravin

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

Ohhhhh, right I never would have throught to do that. TY

cravin

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Do you know the meaning of the word estimation?
How much is the game cpu limited? How would it do on stock clock speeds? I haven't setup the system yet so i don't know how much I'm going to overclock it. You just trying to be a dick or what?
Lets say 3.2ghz or something

Status
Not open for further replies.