[SOLVED] Hey, I have a VAIO PC with windows 7 that wont boot up anymore.

Jun 11, 2019
So i have a Sony laptop from the range VAIO with 4GB of RAM and an Intel Core i3 with 2 cores and 2.40Ghz and i was trying to set it up with windows 10 for better performance and remove everything to factory new. The process takes more than a day so i was trying to get it this weekend, but now for some reason the pc wont boot up although its showing the button green as its receiving battery and also the fans are spinning cuz u hear it xD so the pc is trying to boot up, but I just get a black screen. Any ideas? Thank you :) my pc specs: https://imgur.com/a/1fnPmIZ

Solution
Can you access the motherboard battery? If you can unplug laptop from wall, remove battery, remove cmos battery wait ten minutes (for memory to discharge). Then replace cmos battery, laptop battery and plug in to wall. Try and start up. See if this helps.
Jun 11, 2019
Can you access the motherboard battery? If you can unplug laptop from wall, remove battery, remove cmos battery wait ten minutes (for memory to discharge). Then replace cmos battery, laptop battery and plug in to wall. Try and start up. See if this helps.
Okay ill be sure to try that. Just one thing, does it require removing screws or are we talking about the "external" battery?

EDIT: okay, so after some research i realized what the hell was the cmos battery xD but replacing it would require me getting a new one and I dont know what's the model xD

Last edited: