Question Hi I've just built a new pc but i keep having issues whenever i close a game

Jun 16, 2024
I think I've narrowed it down to a gpu issue, because the new cpu I've bought has an apu which I cant seem to dissable and everytime i uninstall the drivers for the apu it just reinstalls itself ive tried ddu and the problem persists if anyone has any idea it would be appreciated
My PC specs are:
Ryzen 7 7800X3D
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060ti
32GB ddr5 ram
M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB
SSD Samsung 850 EVO 2TB
PSU corsair RM750 Gold certified
Motherboard MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

When gaming i dont have any issues with fps or stutters but about a min or so after i close the game it wont let me close any applications then i get the buffering wheel on my mouse then that freezes and then i just have to hard restart

Jun 16, 2024
No, you clear CMOS after the update. So clearing now should suffice. Keep in mind if you do update it further or rollback, you should then clear CMOS again.
Hi I've just cleared the CMOS so I will see if the problem is still here shortly, do you have any idea why the amd drivers from the apu keeps reinstalling itself?

Jun 16, 2024
When you first booted up after the clear CMOS, what screen were you presented with? It should be different than the norm, and point you to enter the bios to reconfigure it. If you didn't see that screen, then the CMOS wasn't cleared.
Hi it did show a different screen to the usual but i just pressed f1 and it took me to bios but bios looked the same ive tried enabling x-amp for the ram and its got a cpu boost button so im trying both of those now, im very new to this bios interface so just going to trial and error unless theres any other suggestions
thanks for the help btw

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Latest posts