Hidden menu items

How do I prevent windows from hiding various menu items on my menus? I have
to go to the bottom of the menu and click the arrows to get the rest of the
menu. This is really annoying as there is one particular menu item in
outlook that I use all the time (send&receive a particular account) which is
always hidden.

Hi,

That is a feature of the Classic menu style known as personalized menus.

to turn it off do the following

right click on the task bar.
choose properties
on the window that apperas on the left do the following
the classic start menu will be selected.
click on the customize button.
in the window that appears again, uncheck the option "Use personalized menus"

Regards
M. Rajesh
..Net and Windows Shell MVP
www.winxpsolution.com.

"Gareth Tuckwell" wrote:

> How do I prevent windows from hiding various menu items on my menus? I have
> to go to the bottom of the menu and click the arrows to get the rest of the
> menu. This is really annoying as there is one particular menu item in
> outlook that I use all the time (send&receive a particular account) which is
> always hidden.

I found the option, but it isn't ticked?

"Gareth Tuckwell" <ContactGT@NoSpam_hotmail.com> wrote:

>How do I prevent windows from hiding various menu items on my menus? I have
>to go to the bottom of the menu and click the arrows to get the rest of the
>menu. This is really annoying as there is one particular menu item in
>outlook that I use all the time (send&receive a particular account) which is
>always hidden.

You can turn this off in the Options for each Office application.

--
(tm)

It is outlook specifically that is annoying me. Where in the options is the
setting - I can't find it.

"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
> "Gareth Tuckwell" <ContactGT@NoSpam_hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >How do I prevent windows from hiding various menu items on my menus? I
have
> >to go to the bottom of the menu and click the arrows to get the rest of
the
> >menu. This is really annoying as there is one particular menu item in
> >outlook that I use all the time (send&receive a particular account) which
is
> >always hidden.
>
> You can turn this off in the Options for each Office application.
>
> --
> (tm)

Found it...

View menu -> toolbars -> customize. Choose options tab and tick "always show
full menus"

Thanks for everyones help

"Gareth Tuckwell" <ContactGT@NoSpam_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It is outlook specifically that is annoying me. Where in the options is
the
> setting - I can't find it.
>

> "Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
> > "Gareth Tuckwell" <ContactGT@NoSpam_hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >How do I prevent windows from hiding various menu items on my menus? I
> have
> > >to go to the bottom of the menu and click the arrows to get the rest of
> the
> > >menu. This is really annoying as there is one particular menu item in
> > >outlook that I use all the time (send&receive a particular account)
which
> is
> > >always hidden.
> >
> > You can turn this off in the Options for each Office application.
> >
> > --
> > (tm)

Then your start menu is not hiding items is it. Look in Outlook's options. In Word Tools - Customise - Options. Note this seting in one office program apply to all.

http://www.newmatilda.com/home/default.asp
"Gareth Tuckwell" <ContactGT@NoSpam_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:mjIZc.1190$0R3.351@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net...
> I found the option, but it isn't ticked?
>

> "M. Rajesh" <mrajesh24_ns@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > That is a feature of the Classic menu style known as personalized menus.
> >
> > to turn it off do the following
> >
> > right click on the task bar.
> > choose properties
> > on the window that apperas on the left do the following
> > the classic start menu will be selected.
> > click on the customize button.
> > in the window that appears again, uncheck the option "Use personalized
> menus"
> >

> > Regards
> > M. Rajesh
> > .Net and Windows Shell MVP
> > www.winxpsolution.com.
> >

> > "Gareth Tuckwell" wrote:
> >
> > > How do I prevent windows from hiding various menu items on my menus? I
> have
> > > to go to the bottom of the menu and click the arrows to get the rest of
> the
> > > menu. This is really annoying as there is one particular menu item in
> > > outlook that I use all the time (send&receive a particular account)
> which is
> > > always hidden.

"Gareth Tuckwell" <ContactGT@NoSpam_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks for everyones help