Question High CPU & Memory with heating touchpad ):

Aug 30, 2019
my windows 10 showing high cpu and memory which may result to heating touchpad, my local disk c dont have much data and i dont have any programs running in background dont know why i m facing this problem please help me ):

my pc changing voice too from low noise to loud ): its fan noise i think

have a look-
View: https://youtu.be/WCLtdbC5OOo

for now apowersoft showing maximum cpu and memory but mostly chrome does that

i have 2 gb ram

i can see now that high cpu drops but not memory,memory is always is more than 70 percent.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
If you are running Windows 10 on 2GB of RAM you can bet your bottom dollar that your memory usage is always, and I mean always, going to be high because you have so little.

All modern OSes are designed to exploit RAM to the maximum extent possible. When you have only 2GB total RAM that means that's going to be "almost constantly, almost entirely" in use when the machine is running.

We'd need a lot more specific information regarding your system to comment on temperatures. Consider giving us a Speccy Snapshot.
-------------------------
Using Piriform’s Speccy to Collect Your Computer’s Hardware & Software Specifications & Report Them to an Assistant

1. Go to the Piriform Speccy Download Page and download the program.

2. Run the installer you’ve just downloaded or unzip the ZIP file if you prefer to use the portable version.

a. If you choose to run the installer - Note: The Speccy free installer may now come with Avast and the Google Chrome browser bundled with it (or something else, what’s bundled has changed over time). Make sure that you UNCHECK the options to install any bundled software when you see the checkboxes during the Speccy install sequence. When you reach the end, uncheck the View Release Notes checkbox, then activate the Run Speccy button.

b. If you go with the portable version just fire up Speccy from the unzipped folder location.

Regardless of which method you choose, you will be presented the Speccy Main Window:

main.jpg

3. From the File Menu, activate the “Publish Snapshot” item [or press ALT+F,B]:

file_publishsnapshot.jpg

4. You will now be presented with the Publish Snapshot Dialog:

publish_snapshot_dialog.jpg

You will, of course, activate the Yes button.

5. Finally, you will be presented with the Snapshot URL Dialog:

snapshot_url_dialog.jpg

on which you will activate the Copy to Clipboard button so that you will have the snapshot web address to paste into your message.

Note: If you want to save your system specs to a text file, at step 3 choose the Save as Text File option at step 3. This can be handy if you need to e-mail your specs.

2 GB of RAM ...for Win10? Ouch! I did not know any manufacturer would even attempt that. (That explains the high RAM usage, and, I'd expect it to stay high doing anything....; your screen recording session is causing the higher CPU usage in the task manager recording you show)

(I thought even Dell's 4 GB of RAM in some lower -end laptop models was a questionable decision on their parts)

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
There is absolutely nothing in that Speccy that indicates temperatures anywhere near to high.

Since the CPU in this machine is a Pentium T4500 it is clearly ancient, and likely came with Windows Vista (maybe 7) and was a low-end machine to begin with if it only came with 2GB RAM even all the way back in 2010.

You would be very well advised to begin considering new hardware if at all possible, and by "new" I don't necessarily mean brand new, but something that is a major update over what you have. Windows 10 will be a misery given your current configuration.

Aug 30, 2019
you know in windows 7 i was also facing that high memory and cpu problem and that touchpad heating too so then upgrade to win 10 just some days ago

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
You're not going to see much difference regardless of the OS.

There's nothing "hot" about 56° C as far as the CPU goes. You describe a situation of very long standing. What makes you think that anything is wrong?

Having a touchpad get very warm to the touch after extended use is not all that unusual in certain machines where the heat source (typically CPU) happens to be placed somewhere near to underneath the touchpad.

And, just as a general note, what Microsoft or any OS maker states are "minimum requirements" are just that. The OS can run under those conditions, but it doesn't often run in a way that any end user would consider usable. The minimum (and I mean bare minimum) RAM I recommend for Win10 is 4GB, and ideally 6 or 8 GB.

You would be best advised to put any cash you might have, or get, toward buying a new computer. Even low-end laptops with anything other than a Celeron processor that's available these days is going to run rings around what you have now. Hardware does have a service life, even if it continues running just fine. Yours is at an age where that's been reached.

Reactions: surajsun