Question High CPU temp after changing some components ?

Dec 29, 2022
Firstly I'm sorry for my writing mistakes if i done some.
2 day ago I changed my case, psu, ram, and ssd after that I resetted my bios and OS but i struggled with cpu temp on idle. I can't figure what is the problem. Now Im trying to change psu and check temps again but its still near to 50 C (celcius) Im sure i applied thermal paste correctly even if I had a mistake 50 degree is to high. Now Im looking for help...
My Build:
İ9 9900k
Rtx 2080
Hx1500i
Corsair 5000t

H100i V2

Maybe you didn't mount your cooler correctly. It's hard to apply your thermal paste in a way that is so incorrect that it causes problems, so I think your thermal paste is fine, but maybe your cooler doesn't make good contact with your CPU. The CPU and CPU cooler are the only things that matter in this case, a PSU shouldn't have any influence on CPU temps.

So try taking off your cooler, cleaning off the thermal paste before reapplying it and mount the cooler again. That 50 degrees celcius is your idle temperature, right? Also, which are your CPU, motherboard and CPU cooler do you have?

Dec 29, 2022
Maybe you didn't mount your cooler correctly. It's hard to apply your thermal paste in a way that is so incorrect that it causes problems, so I think your thermal paste is fine, but maybe your cooler doesn't make good contact with your CPU. The CPU and CPU cooler are the only things that matter in this case, a PSU shouldn't have any influence on CPU temps.

So try taking off your cooler, cleaning off the thermal paste before reapplying it and mount the cooler again. That 50 degrees celcius is your idle temperature, right? Also, which are your CPU, motherboard and CPU cooler do you have?
Thank you for fast answer.
Yesterday i think that I done something wrong with Cpu cooler mounting and I removed totally including back bracket of motherbord and installed again what kind of mistakes can I done with it? Now its about 50- 60degree but Yesterday morning about 70-80... I wrote my specs to post.

That's a good question. You kept the same motherboard but did a CPU upgrade? Then your cooler shouldn't work any differently. Which CPU did you have before? It could be that your new CPU is a hothead. Just to be sure, that 50 degrees is an idle temperature, right?

Dec 29, 2022
That's a good question. You kept the same motherboard but did a CPU upgrade? Then your cooler shouldn't work any differently. Which CPU did you have before? It could be that your new CPU is a hothead. Just to be sure, that 50 degrees is an idle temperature, right?
Unfortunately no, i just changed my psu ram case and ssd they are not related to cpu directly that’s why i can’t understand what is the problem. In this situation only problem seems like between cooler and cpu. Yes 50-60 degrees are on idle maybe just 1,2 websites but its all…

Dec 29, 2022
Well, of course your case directly influences CPU temps. I'm not expecting big negative changes though, I'd expect a slight improvement instead.

How old is the H100i V2?
Actually this case is better than the old one. Im using this cooler more than 5 years, but there was no problem before start changing my parts.

Then I'd say there's something wrong with the CPU itself, the thermal paste or how you applied it, or the cooler. If the cooler is the problem, the timing would be interesting, but not impossible.

I'm afraid you're stuck to experimenting until you find a situation that gives better results. Can you still go back to your old CPU? Always a good idea to rule out if your new CPU isn't the problem.

Dec 29, 2022
Then I'd say there's something wrong with the CPU itself, the thermal paste or how you applied it, or the cooler. If the cooler is the problem, the timing would be interesting, but not impossible.

I'm afraid you're stuck to experimenting until you find a situation that gives better results. Can you still go back to your old CPU? Always a good idea to rule out if your new CPU isn't the problem.
I don’t have any other cpu I didn’t change it. I’m thinking its about cpu or bios setting, I will reinstall cooler again now. It’s really boring. :(

CompuTronix

Intel Master
BaturalpS,

On behalf of Tom's Moderator Team, welcome aboard!

You have a flow problem due to a blockage, which is typical for a 5 year old AIO. Many AIOs fail well within that time frame. It's very likely that the blockage occurred when you removed your H100i v2 and reinstalled it in your new case.

Apart from the potential for a coolant leak, there are several problems common to AIOs: Here's some information you should know about AIOs, but pay particular attention to the double red bullets below:

• All AIOs will eventually fail. It’s not a question of if; it’s a question of when. Pumps can have component failures in the stator electronics that drive the impeller, which is a moving part that can wear, so those which run 24/7/365 are prone to premature failure. AIO units are notorious for failures due to inferior pump quality, whereas custom loops typically use high-end pumps which have greater longevity.

• Coolant can slowly evaporate over time due to "permeation". However unlikely it may seem, coolant can actually dissipate directly through the tubes. This can introduce bubbles into the impeller chamber causing "cavitation", whereby coolant flow is impeded or interrupted.

• AIOs are sealed Closed Loop Coolers (CLC), which unlike custom loops, are not designed to be disassembled for the water block and impeller to be flushed, cleaned of bio-contaminants and radiator sediments, then refilled. Even AIOs that have an effective biocide additive gradually accumulate bio-growth over time, which will eventually clog the micro channels in the water block, as well as the radiator cooling tubes, thereby reducing flow and thermal efficiency. This is evidenced by Core temperatures that slowly increase by several degrees over periods of several months to a few years.

• Also unlike custom loops, AIOs use dissimilar metals (aluminum radiator / copper water block). This causes galvanic corrosion which produces sediments that accumulate over time, resulting in blockages and flow problems. Even new AIOs may contain radiator sediments due to inadequate flushing after manufacturing. Experienced builders of custom loops will always thoroughly flush brand-new radiators. Flux, solder and metal fragments are typically found in the flush water when it's poured through a strainer.

• • For no apparent reason ... OR ... by simply reinstalling, moving, tipping, handling or otherwise disturbing a NEW OR OLD unit, particles can become dislodged, whereupon the next power-up, the now free-floating particles can circulate into the impeller chamber, micro fins in the water block, or into radiator tubes, thereby constricting or completely stopping coolant flow. Since the impeller is magnetically coupled to the stator (no direct shaft), the unit may "appear" that it's running while no actual flow is present. "Hearing" the unit running or "feeling" vibration can be deceiving as it does not necessarily indicate flow, nor does Pump RPM in BIOS or various software utilities. Moreover, as fan vibration can "telegraph" throughout the entire AIO unit, it's often mistaken for pump vibration.

• Without an actual in-line sensor or indicator, proper flow is difficult to confirm. Under normal operation, even with the CPU at 100% workload, there should be only a minimal temperature differential between the tubes. However, if one tube is hot while the other is cool, or the water block is hot while the radiator is cool, it indicates little to no flow. Surface temperatures can be verified with an infrared (IR) thermometer.

Since your AIO is 5 years old, it's highly likely that bio-contaminants and particles from galvanic corrosion have impeded coolant flow as they circulate throughout the unit.

Fortunately, Corsair has a five year warranty, which, much to their credit, they honor without difficulty. I suggest that you submit an RMA request for a warranty replacement cooler. In the interim, a backup air cooler should suffice. While your AIO remains in service, be sure that you don't leave your rig powered up or unattended when not in use.

Once again, welcome aboard!

CT :sol: