Nov 11, 2020
Hi, so I recently had messed with some settings in my PC's boot settings and BIOS, and it's caused my PC to use 100% of my CPU even when nothing is happening. Here are the changes:

- messed with my boot settings, checking Maximum RAM Usage, as well as changing the number of processors from 1 to 6, then back to 1. My frames started to drop DRASTICALLY, so I restarted my PC. On boot, I got a blue screen loop, and was constantly getting Automatic Repair screen. I fixed this by running the PC in safe mode and unchecking the Maximum RAM Usage. However, while I was on the loop, I opened my BIOS and changed my RAM from 2666 mHz (my sticks are 3200) to 3200 mHz, as well as turning on A-XMP. I reset everything to default, didn't mess with any CPU settings.

Now, when NOTHING is happening, my PC is using 100% of my CPU, and I can't perform any basic tasks. System interrupts goes up to 20-30% whenever I even slightly move my mouse, task manager spikes to 40-60%, Google Chrome takes 80%, Discord takes 40-70%. This was NEVER a problem before everything happened. My specs are Ryzen 5 3600x, 2x8 3200 mHz RAM, EVGA RTX 2060, MSI BAZOOKA MAX WIFI M-ATX Motherboard. Please help, PC is performing terribly! A lot of my CPU usage is going towards my mouse movements, as Google Chrome and System Interrupts to spike when I move my mouse.

TRENDING THREADS