Question High demanding games are able to start but they crash a few seconds later ?

Jun 1, 2023
Hi, so recently I've gotten this PC, it is the first PC I've ever gotten. It's a CORSAIR VENGEANCE Gaming PC. At first I was able to play Modern Warfare 2 Warzone using Steam and it would run smoothly. I've also downloaded games like Overwatch 2 and Valorant and would play those games for a couple of hours at a time, even grinding ranked on it. Then shortly after playing Overwatch 2 and Valorant my Modern Warfare 2 would start up, and sometimes I would be able to get into a game and then it would crash. The Notice would be under something called DirectX, and now everytime I open Modern Warfare 2 it would be able to go through the start up screen and to the main menu but then freeze up and crash with the same crash notice. I thought this was a thing with games in general so I decided to download smaller games like Brawlhalla and Terraria and they work completely fine. I've updated all the hardware and software stuff in iCUE as recommended, but now I'm at a loss. Any pointers?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please pass on the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

if the PSU's been in service for a while, please mention it's age apart from it's make and model and what it powered prior to your existing platform.

Nov 11, 2022
It sounds like you're experiencing issues specifically with Modern Warfare 2 Warzone on your new Corsair Vengeance Gaming PC. May I know your pc specs??

Jun 1, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please pass on the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

if the PSU's been in service for a while, please mention it's age apart from it's make and model and what it powered prior to your existing platform.
Hello! So sorry about the late reply, I was wondering why I didn't get the message back but I found where I get notified.
CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K (?)
CPU cooler: NA
Motherboard: PRO Z690A WIFI (MS-7D25)
Ram: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K (?)
SSD/HDD: SAMSUNG MZVL22T0HBLB-00S00
GPU 0: Intel(R) UHD Graphics
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
PSU: NA
Chassis: VENGEANCE a7200 Series Gaming Pc
Monitor: LS49AG95

I really tried to find all this information out by myself. Again I'm kind of new to this, this is actually my uncles PC but after the game stopped working he gave up on it so I'm still trying to find this out. Most of these are probably wrong, and the ones that say NA I just didn't know how to get to it.

Reactions: Rexer and Aera1132
Jun 1, 2023
what are your pc specs ? what does the notice say when the game crash?
Well recently I've been having problems with Valorant as well. Valorant tells me to make sure my graphics drivers are updated, and COD Modern Warfare 2 says DirectX unrecoverable error. As far as PC specs from what the guy asked above here's what I gathered. I had to constantly search up how to get these and I followed the steps to get them but they may be wrong.

If these look wrong please do tell me, also if you have a method I could do to check what these are I would greatly appreciate it!

Jun 1, 2023
It sounds like you're experiencing issues specifically with Modern Warfare 2 Warzone on your new Corsair Vengeance Gaming PC. May I know your pc specs??
I've tried out Valorant and now that game is crashing too. As explained above, I've had to search up these specs so most of them if not all of them may be very much wrong.

Reactions: Aera1132
You have top end parts.
The power supply may be the critical component.
Take the case cover off so you can see the writing on the power supply data plate.
That will identify the make/model of the psu.
Post a photo of it if you can.
Also post a photo of the graphics card, particularly where the power supply connects to the card.
A photo of the cpu cooler too.

Jun 1, 2023
You have top end parts.
The power supply may be the critical component.
Take the case cover off so you can see the writing on the power supply data plate.
That will identify the make/model of the psu.
Post a photo of it if you can.
Also post a photo of the graphics card, particularly where the power supply connects to the card.
A photo of the cpu cooler too.
Hi sorry, I'm having a hard time with the pictures, I don't know how to send pictures to this forum.
But if it helps any, my uncle said you should be able to find all the information on this website because its a prebuilt PC.

Thank your Uncle profusely for giving you a very top end build.

Since this is a Corsair build, I would guess that your 1000w psu is also Corsair unit which will be plenty strong and is of good quality.
I would not worry about the psu.

You have an AIO cooler that is managed by ICUE.
I am no expert on that, I read in these forums that ICUE may need attention.
Failure after a time smacks of a heat issue.
Run something like HWmonitor. It will display the current, minimum, and maximum temperature of each of your processing cores.
Look at the minimum temperatures. If it is much more than 10-15c. over ambient, then there is an issue with your cooler or it's mounting.
Look at the maximum temperatures. You might see 100c. in red. That indicates throttling. It might be momentary, and that is normal.
It is the result of the motherboard boosting the cpu to get max performance, and then backing off when it hits 100c.

Only if the system crashes do you have a problem.

AIO coolers do not last forever. In time the mechanical pump can fail or debris can collect in it making the pump less effective.
Air will eventually intrude through the hoses, making the system less effective.
I would not expect this as an issue with a unit that is less than 5 years old.

Jun 1, 2023
Thank your Uncle profusely for giving you a very top end build.

Since this is a Corsair build, I would guess that your 1000w psu is also Corsair unit which will be plenty strong and is of good quality.
I would not worry about the psu.

You have an AIO cooler that is managed by ICUE.
I am no expert on that, I read in these forums that ICUE may need attention.
Failure after a time smacks of a heat issue.
Run something like HWmonitor. It will display the current, minimum, and maximum temperature of each of your processing cores.
Look at the minimum temperatures. If it is much more than 10-15c. over ambient, then there is an issue with your cooler or it's mounting.
Look at the maximum temperatures. You might see 100c. in red. That indicates throttling. It might be momentary, and that is normal.
It is the result of the motherboard boosting the cpu to get max performance, and then backing off when it hits 100c.

Only if the system crashes do you have a problem.

AIO coolers do not last forever. In time the mechanical pump can fail or debris can collect in it making the pump less effective.
Air will eventually intrude through the hoses, making the system less effective.
I would not expect this as an issue with a unit that is less than 5 years old.
I'm really grateful that you're helping me with this by the way!

So I downloaded HWMonitor and it says on my temperatures that my Values average out about 30-38c, my min is 31-39c, and my max is 31-38c. (I'll list all the temperatures below to be more specific just in case that's an important factor.) So I'm guessing this isn't an issue with my maximum temperatures but an issue with my minimum. How do I fix this?

TEMPS:
(Item: Value, Min, Max)

Micro-Star International Co. Lt...
TZ00: 27.8c, 27.8c, 27.8c
CPU Core: 36.0c, 35.0c, 39.0c
SYS: 33.0c, 32.0c, 33.0c
MOS: 32.0c, 32.0c, 32.0c
PCH: 44.0c, 44.0c, 44.0c
CPU Socket: 30.0c, 30.0c, 31.0c

Intel Core i9 13900K
Package: 34.0c, 34.0c, 44.0c
P-Cores (Max): 33.0c, 32.0c, 51.0c
E-Cores (Max): 34.0c, 33.0c, 38.0c

Corsair CMH64GX5M2B5600Z40
Core: 34.8c, 34.8c, 35.3c

Corsair CMH64GX5M2B5600Z40
Core 34.0c, 34.0c, 34.5c

SAMSUNG MZVL22T0HBLB-00...
Assembly: 36.0c, 36.0c, 38.0c

Intel(R) UHD Graphics
GPU: 35.0c, 33.0c, 38.0c

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
GPU: 31.0c, 31.0c, 31.0c
Memory: 34.0c, 32.0c, 34.0c
Hot Spot 39.0c, 38.4c, 39.0c

Reactions: Rexer

ubuysa

Distinguished
Look in the folder C:\Windows\Minidump and if there are dump files in there with recent timestamps please upload them.

Also export and upload your System and Application logs...
  1. Enter the command eventvwr into the Run command box. The Event Viewer will open.
  2. Locate the Windows Logs folder in the left hand pane and expand it by clicking on the arrow (>) to the left of it.
  3. Right-click on the Application entry and select 'Save all events as...'. Choose a folder anywhere that suits you and a filename of 'Application' (an .evtx suffix will be added automatically).
  4. Right-click on the System entry and select 'Save all events as...'. Choose a folder anywhere that suits you and a filename of 'System' (an .evtx suffix will be added automatically).
  5. Zip the Application.evtx and System.evtx files together and upload the zip file here.

Jun 1, 2023
Look in the folder C:\Windows\Minidump and if there are dump files in there with recent timestamps please upload them.

Also export and upload your System and Application logs...
  1. Enter the command eventvwr into the Run command box. The Event Viewer will open.
  2. Locate the Windows Logs folder in the left hand pane and expand it by clicking on the arrow (>) to the left of it.
  3. Right-click on the Application entry and select 'Save all events as...'. Choose a folder anywhere that suits you and a filename of 'Application' (an .evtx suffix will be added automatically).
  4. Right-click on the System entry and select 'Save all events as...'. Choose a folder anywhere that suits you and a filename of 'System' (an .evtx suffix will be added automatically).
  5. Zip the Application.evtx and System.evtx files together and upload the zip file here.

Hi! So yes I'm looking at these dump files and I've had 5 from the following dates:

6/6/2023 - 6/5/2023 - 5/29/2023 - 5/25/2023 - 4/24/2023

I'm trying to upload them but I don't know how to get access to them. It says to ask the owner of the folders to get access to it but.. I am the owner lol.

file:///C:/Users/alado/OneDrive/Documents/Application.evtx

Please let me know if I did this right. I don't really understand what I'm doing here lol.