Nov 23, 2020
I recently just bought an RTX 3070 card and it is great for like cs and valorant but recently for CoD CW, it has been getting up to 85 and even 90 celsius. It is very worrisome because since I have gotten the card the fan has been extremely loud almost like a console fan. I figured upgrading cards would mean the possibility of this would be slim to none. I run the majority of my games (mainly shooters) on low settings to max out fps, so my first thought was maybe my case isn't very good so for the past couple of days I have had the side panel off to allow heat to flow out better and it is still hitting high temps. I have no idea if it's maybe my CPU as I can almost for sure say it is bottlenecking a lot of my performance (my CPU is an AMD Ryzen 2600 six-core). I don't wanna go out and drop tons of cash on things that may be the issue. So if anyone can point me in the right direction in what I can do to help my GPU not run hot and have it sound like a jet, I would greatly appreciate it!

Solution
Move away from the minimalist designs.
Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh
Fractal Design Meshify series
Phanteks P500A
Much more breathable chassis.
Nov 23, 2020
list ya full specs include ya case, have you set a fan curve on ya 3070?
Specs:
Ryzen 2600 3.4 Ghz
Corsair Vengence 16 GB DDR4
RTX 3070 FE
Asus Prime B450M-A/CSM Micro ATX
Thermaltake Versa H17 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
EVGA BR 500 W 80+ Bronze
ADATA Ultimate 128 GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB IHD
ARCTIC F12 Silent (Standard extra fan I had got)

also have just stock, right out the box settings for my gpu

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020
Chassis' design is straining air coming in, as well as getting air out of it.
Gpu's proximity to the psu shroud.

That 1-2-3 combo = bad home for high end gpu.
so start with a better case and go from there? NZXT H510i Compact ATX Mid-tower was one of the cases I was looking at.