[SOLVED] High ping on one PC but good ping on another ?

Oct 9, 2020
Recently I got a second hand gaming laptop and I've been getting issues with my ping despite having good wifi. On my other computer the ping is still good and so is the internet. As soon as I open a game like (ex: Valorant), everything else using internet buffers and lags. I've tried every tip my friends have given me. Please help.

Solution
So how do you know you have ping issues if the ping to the router is fine.

I assume you are actually believing some stupid game. What can happen is a game sends out a ping or similar packet. It then get stuck doing very video intensive stuff and delays looking to see if it got a response. When it finally looks and sees the response packet in the buffer it takes the total time ignoring the fact the problem was it didn't actually look for the response. Many so called network issues in games are not actually network issues. What is very strange is many people "fix" network issues by making video settings changes.

Find them can be very tricky since many things can impact them. Make sure none of that silly "gamer" network...
Ping the IP of your router to see if you are getting problems on the wifi or if it is another problem. If you see wifi issues with a ping command try moving the pc next to the router to see if it a location issue.

Wifi issues there are very few things you can do. It is the standard update the driver, try using 2.4 or 5 radio. Try changing the wifi channels on the router and see if setting the channel width to 20mhz helps.

Online games are more affected by wifi issues than any other traffic which is why it is recommended to never plan games on wifi. The only true solution is to not use wifi try powerline networks or maybe moca. A actual ethernet connection is always best.

If the ping is good to the router then it get complex because it could be a issue with almost anything on the machines and it is only blaming the network when it is some other issue.

Oct 9, 2020
Ping the IP of your router to see if you are getting problems on the wifi or if it is another problem. If you see wifi issues with a ping command try moving the pc next to the router to see if it a location issue.

Wifi issues there are very few things you can do. It is the standard update the driver, try using 2.4 or 5 radio. Try changing the wifi channels on the router and see if setting the channel width to 20mhz helps.

Online games are more affected by wifi issues than any other traffic which is why it is recommended to never plan games on wifi. The only true solution is to not use wifi try powerline networks or maybe moca. A actual ethernet connection is always best.

If the ping is good to the router then it get complex because it could be a issue with almost anything on the machines and it is only blaming the network when it is some other issue.

Hi, I'm not a expert about these things but I think it might be an issue with the PC because the internet works fine on my other devices in the same location. Also, when I pinged my router it looked normal and my drivers are up to date.

So how do you know you have ping issues if the ping to the router is fine.

I assume you are actually believing some stupid game. What can happen is a game sends out a ping or similar packet. It then get stuck doing very video intensive stuff and delays looking to see if it got a response. When it finally looks and sees the response packet in the buffer it takes the total time ignoring the fact the problem was it didn't actually look for the response. Many so called network issues in games are not actually network issues. What is very strange is many people "fix" network issues by making video settings changes.

Find them can be very tricky since many things can impact them. Make sure none of that silly "gamer" network stuff is running. This is even more a issue if you have a killer network chipset.

Not sure it is a matter of elimianting thing trying to find what is common when the problems occur. The resource monitor should show you if you have cpu/memory issues etc. If the games are running TCP sessions you can see the actual latency,

Solution