Question High-pitched Fan Noise

Dec 19, 2023
Hey everyone,

I wanted to discuss an issue with the NZXT F140 Core RGB fans in my H7 Elite 2023 Version PC case. Specifically, the front intake fans produce a high-pitched noise that varies with the RPM, as demonstrated in the sound sample. The RPM in the sample consistently stays below 1000 RPM, fluctuating between 700-900 RPM.
Interestingly, the other fans in the case don't seem to have this problem. All three front intake fans are connected through a 3-to-1 splitter to a motherboard header. As this is my first PC, I'm uncertain if this is a common occurrence. While the noise isn't excessively loud, it's quite bothersome for me due to my sensitive ears.
On a related note, during PC startup, there are instances where the front fans don't engage fully. It varies; sometimes only the top fan, sometimes only the bottom one, and occasionally both the top and bottom fans are affected. It's only after the Windows login that they run normally when the NZXT CAM Software kicks in.
Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken 360 Elite
Motherboard: NZXT N7 B650E
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 RAM 64GB (2x32GB) 6000MHz CL30
SSD/HDD: Samung 990 Pro 2TB
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4070 GAMING OC 12G
PSU: Corsair RM850x
Chassis: NZXT H7 Elite (2023)
Monitor: Samsung The Space 27

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

The sight of one fan not rotating would indicate a faulty fan out of the box or that it's not receiving ample power to operate. Try and hook the fan up on it's own to the motherboard, without a splitter.