mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
when i get emails or newsletter from (for example gamespot) they sometimes post me links, the problem is when i click on these links nothing happens, so i have to resort to TYPING IN THE ENTIRE LINK!
can someone plz tell me why these links dont open
(just for extra info, somtimes it does open, rarely, and sometimes it doesnt - which is most of the time)

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
sounds like a pop-up blocker is blocking it.
Does a window pop up at all or what.
Try holding the ctrl key when you click a link and see what happens

no window pops up, but the weird thing it, i think its random, when i was checking my messages today, it alowd me to do that, but on the next message it didnt alow me. weird?

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
Check your security settings under internet options.
Try setting it to low and test. Just be sure to put it back up when done.

nice!! thanks man!! i went to security settings and checked prompt "under access data sources under domains" , (before it was on disable) , and it worked!
thanks again!

sturm

Splendid
look at the options in the hotmail page. Look under the mail display settings. Try changing display internet content selection to 'display internet content' if its on suppress.

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
look at the options in the hotmail page. Look under the mail display settings. Try changing display internet content selection to 'display internet content' if its on suppress.

yes i think you are right, so long as i have the option ticked, i can open the link, mabye the option changes by itself and so that is why the link stops opening somethimes?
but till then, thanks

Latest posts