[SOLVED] How can I do a backup and try to restore data from an external hard drive that has been used on a smart TV?

Aug 28, 2020
I connected a hard drive to a smart TV some years ago. The TV broke and is now gone. I really want to access the files on the disk, but the TV formatted the content so that as soon as I plug it in my computer, I am asked to format it.

Is there any way to do a backup of the content as it is, and then try to use some recovery tools? For example, connect both the disk with the data and another one to my computer, use a software like EaseUS Disk Copy to copy the content over to the new disk, and then try to work with the original disk to get the data?

I really don't want to lose the data.

Thank you.

Solution
I'd look at the drive in question within one of the Linux OS variants, as most TVs are just stripped down Linux variants, for which WIndows recognizes nothing so formatted...

Linux MInt, etc....; easy to use! If it as accessible there, perhaps you can extricate your files elsewhere...
I'd look at the drive in question within one of the Linux OS variants, as most TVs are just stripped down Linux variants, for which WIndows recognizes nothing so formatted...

Linux MInt, etc....; easy to use! If it as accessible there, perhaps you can extricate your files elsewhere...

Solution