How can i get a solid 20-30FPS on Rise of the Tomb Raider at 1080p?

Ferrariassassin

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014
I have a 980Ti and i5-4690 and i play at 1080p and i have every setting maxed out EXEPT for AA because i use FXAA instead of MSAA because i think MSAA makes the edges look war more jaggy and ugly compared to FXAA and i would love to use SSAAX4 but i get 3-10FPS with that on so i use FXAA. When i have everything maxed out and with FXAA on i get anywhere from 20-49FPS and it jumps back and forth constantly. When i put everything on low i still get 30-50FPS that goes back and forth like crazy. Should i try to invest in a Titan X or maybe a another 980Ti so i can get a solid 30FPS at 1080p on this game i mean seriously lol When i set my resolution to 800x600 and have every setting as low as it can go and with no AA i get a stable 50-64FPS with V off but we all know that is ugly as hell so id rather not play at all lol. It only does it on this game and i can max out almost every other game at 1080p or hell even 1440p or higher but when it comes to this game i may as well play it on a R7-240 and get the same FPS lol! I have uninstalled the game many times, i have deleted all drivers and reinstalled them and installed older versions of the drivers due to hearing the new Drivers having issues and i still get the same extremely bad performance. As a last resord i overclocked my 980Ti and got 1505MHz but i gained no FPS so i am stumped lol. I know it is not my card because i get perfect if not beyond perfect on any other game. Can anyone please help? I have been waiting for this game forever and its my favorite yet i can not even play it :(

Ferrariassassin

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014

GPU Usage 100% ,GPU Temp is 71 degrees, GPU Power 71%. My CPU stays at 40 Degrees due to my water cooler and CPU 1, 2, 3, and 4 Usage stays at 100%.

Yeah that's the problem- CPU usage is at 100%, that's what's causing the issue. What's strange is how the GPU usage remains at 100%, too. I would expect that to be lower.

Now open up Task Manager and check to see if any programs are using up a lot of CPU. Close everything, every program, and look at idle CPU usage.

Ferrariassassin

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014

Some program called Broadcast DVR Server is using 39% of my CPU even when i restart my PC. What is that?

That's an issue. I don't know what it is - it could be malware of some sort, but whatever it is it probably isn't something you want running.

From info on Google, it doesn't sound like anything malicious, but here is some stuff:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/broadcast-dvr-server-bcastdvrexe-ram-hog/c85d805c-e5da-4526-970f-382267037f11
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3fcblv/broadcast_dvr_server/
https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/131145-excessive-broadcast-dvr-server-ram-usage

Most people talk about high RAM usage, but in your case it is high CPU usage. What I'm getting at here is to follow these steps:

XBOX app, Settings->GameDVR->Background recording, disable "continuous background recording"

Try that to start. It seems to be a Windows program relating to the Xbox App.

Ferrariassassin

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014

Well turns out it was something to do with Shitbox opppsss i mean Xbox and i turned all things off and now it doesnt pop up so i am going to try ROTTR again and ill se what my CPU is. I know th ei5-4690 is not the best CPu but it by no means should be bottlenecked by a 980Ti especially on games.