[SOLVED] How difficult will it be to purchase an RTX 3080 on day one?

Sep 1, 2020
I'm thinking about selling my RTX 2070 ASAP and trying to purchase an RTX 3080 on day one release. I don't have another graphics card in hand, so I'm wondering how difficult this will be to achieve?

Solution
Best Case Scenario (You sell your 2070 a few days before 17th of sept, and you get a purchase for a 3080: Delivery lets say a week so you're out of a GPU for almost 2 weeks)

Worst Case Scenario (You sell your 2070 in a few days, have to wait 2 weeks to purchase a 3xxx - miss out, have to wait until octoboer for a 3070 (maybe you miss out again) all while being without a current GPU.)

If I'm you - I Try to buy a 3080 while i still have my current GPU - Sell the old one once you're a few days away from delivery date. Safest bet if you've got the funds laying around - Maybe try and sell your old card to a friend for the cash upfront or, swap for their old card + cash so you atleast have something in your system.
Aug 26, 2020
Best Case Scenario (You sell your 2070 a few days before 17th of sept, and you get a purchase for a 3080: Delivery lets say a week so you're out of a GPU for almost 2 weeks)

Worst Case Scenario (You sell your 2070 in a few days, have to wait 2 weeks to purchase a 3xxx - miss out, have to wait until octoboer for a 3070 (maybe you miss out again) all while being without a current GPU.)

If I'm you - I Try to buy a 3080 while i still have my current GPU - Sell the old one once you're a few days away from delivery date. Safest bet if you've got the funds laying around - Maybe try and sell your old card to a friend for the cash upfront or, swap for their old card + cash so you atleast have something in your system.

Solution