Question How do I buy a PCI-e 6+2 cable for the Cooler Master MWE v2 750w gold?

Jul 12, 2023
Ive read a few questions/threads about different psu's and people needing a new cable for various reasons and everyone tells them to buy one from the manufacturer, but i honestly cant figure out how. CM wants to sell me every accessory under the sun for my psu but not a cable that came in the box. can someone please help (i know im incompetent). Basically i have 4 8 pin pcie's, 2 6+2's a 4+4 an i think an 8 (the 2 latter are the cpu ones which might be called something else but all 4 are in use) and i need 3 pcie's or 1 more (preferably a 6+2) for the 4080 triple adapter thing.

Would be extremely grateful as putting a 1070 ti back in after realizing i didnt have enough cables ruined my weekend.

P.s I'd prefer to get a stock cable not a custom one if possible

Jul 12, 2023
A bit confused. Unless I'm mistaken, this PSU comes with exactly four PCIE 6+2 connectors on two cables. You'll have to daisy-chain to use this PSU.

In any case, I'd want a more appropriate PSU than a good midrange one to run a 4080 anyway.
ty for quick reply.
ye i have 7700x running 2 cables and then 2 spare ones (one was for the 1070 ti) the reason i didnt daisy chain is because there was a little graphic in the box with the 4080 that said not to daisy chain with the tripple adapter and to only use 3 separate cables. would it be ok to daisy chain? the 4080 specifically is the suprim x and the adaptor was just the one it came with in the box, in case that matters.

oh and i do plan to get a better psu when i make my sff pc but that will be minimum 8 months into the future i reckon. I want to plan it out and do it right with aesthetics in mind and everything.

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I personally wouldn't due to the added risk; modern high-end Nvidia GPUs are very power spiky. Nor would I be keen on using anything less than a top-tier PSU on a $1000+ GPU, so even if a third cable were an option, I would not go that route. How you approach risk may be different from me.

I'm not sure what your build nearly a year from now has to do anything. This is safety equipment. Whatever you do next year has zero bearing on how you should treat a safety problem now.

Reactions: geofelt

TRENDING THREADS