Question My SSD isn’t recognized by my PC but my HDD is ?

Jul 7, 2024
Sorry if this post is bad, it’s my first one. My PC recently stopped recognizing my SSD, it won’t even show up in the BIOS.

Before this my PC had bluescreened twice. While I still had access to Windows I was checking temps, and they were fine. Now I’ve lost all access to Windows from my SSD. I tried plugging in my laptop’s old hard drive and it worked fine inside my pc. Is my SSD broken/corrupted? Am I cooked? Is the data inside cooked?

Sorry if this post is bad, it’s my first one. My PC recently stopped recognizing my SSD, it won’t even show up in the BIOS.

Before this my PC had bluescreened twice. While I still had access to Windows I was checking temps, and they were fine. Now I’ve lost all access to Windows from my SSD. I tried plugging in my laptop’s old hard drive and it worked fine inside my pc. Is my SSD broken/corrupted? Am I cooked? Is the data inside cooked?
What motherboard do you have?

USAFRet

Titan

Need a detailed list of ALL the parts in this.

Jul 7, 2024
Need a detailed list of ALL the parts in this.
Okay, here’s a list of the parts:
Motherboard: Asus H170-Pro
GPU: RTX 3060ti
CPU: i7-6700T
RAM: G-skill 2x16gb
SSD: VulcanG 1TB
HDD (stolen from laptop): WD 320GB
PSU: 550w Evega (not modular)

I don’t know if this is important but on SATA Information, SATA6G_1-6 is labeled as N/A, and when booted, it recognizes my mouse, and 3 usb devices, but no drives.

If anymore info is needed do not hesitate to ask, I hope I provided at least something. Thank you for responding to my original post.

Last edited:
Okay, here’s a list of the parts:
Motherboard: Asus H170-Pro
GPU: RTX 3060ti
CPU: i7-6700T
RAM: G-skill 2x16gb
SSD: VulcanG 1TB
HDD (stolen from laptop): WD 320GB
PSU: 550w Evega (not modular)

I don’t know if this is important but on SATA Information, SATA6G_1-6 is labeled as N/A, and when booted, it recognizes my mouse, and 3 usb devices, but no drives.

If anymore info is needed do not hesitate to ask, I hope I provided at least something. Thank you for responding to my original post.
If the orig disk does not work but a different disk does work using the same data and power cables then it seems the orig disk has croaked.