[SOLVED] How do I enable dual display? HELP! [CLOSED]

muchwow

Reputable
Nov 27, 2017
Hi,

So I need to have a dual display but I can't seem to find a way to even detect my second monitor.

I'm using Gigabyte GA-H110M-Gaming3-CF with Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB GPU. I purchased a new display and use it as my main. I want to use my previous display as my second one. Both monitors work fine as I've tried both of them to be the main display. However I can't detect the second monitor in the Display properties (when I clicked detect, it said it didn't detect another display. Same thing as the NVIDIA Control Panel as well, it doesn't detect the second monitor (tried the rigorous display detection and force television detection as well). I plugged in my main display to the HDMI of the GPU, then plugged the 2nd display to the displayport. I've also tried plugging the 2nd display to the HDMI port of the onboard graphic port and enable the internal graphic through BIOS (a video in youtube said this will enable the dual display, but no luck).

I found this statement in the manual book "To set up a dual-display configuration, you must install motherboard drivers in the operating system first" and I have not installed anything regarding this, but I had this computer handed down to me so I'm not sure if it's done yet before. Tried looking at the gigabyte driver update list but didn't see anything relating to multiple displays.

Please help as I urgently need this, thank you very much guys! Much appreciated!

Last edited:
Solution
have a look thru google for "NVIDIA Geforce" its the driver software for NVIDIA cards, I wouldnt have thought all the drivers needed to be the newest but install that and do a check for new drivers through it, and see if it helps things be detected, typically it should just show you the extra screen when you right click on the desktop and go to Display Settings, from that screen you set it to the right layout you can drag the screens from being left or right, and you are done. theres not much you can do wrong

Obiwancanabi

Proper
Dec 24, 2020
have a look thru google for "NVIDIA Geforce" its the driver software for NVIDIA cards, I wouldnt have thought all the drivers needed to be the newest but install that and do a check for new drivers through it, and see if it helps things be detected, typically it should just show you the extra screen when you right click on the desktop and go to Display Settings, from that screen you set it to the right layout you can drag the screens from being left or right, and you are done. theres not much you can do wrong

Reactions: muchwow
Solution

muchwow

Reputable
Nov 27, 2017

It works!! Thanks much mannn,, such simple solution. Much appreciated!

Reactions: Obiwancanabi