Question How do I fix Blue Yeti X audio from lagging/crashing when playing intensive games at high FPS ?

tiagobennetts

Honorable
Jan 21, 2018
When I have high fps in a game or the game is intensive the mic in discord lags for my friends then stops working completely. I either have to unplug and replug it or reselect my mic and headset in discord as the playback and input devices. Never had this problem with a headset mic, so how do I fix this problem. Couldn't find anything online about it.

My setup is:
Asus prime x470 pro
rtx 3070 ti
ryzen 7 5800x
32gb 3600 mhz ram

Thanks for any help

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?l

Look in Reliability History: any error codes, warnings, or even informational events being captured just before or at the time of mic/discord lags?

tiagobennetts

Honorable
Jan 21, 2018
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?l

Look in Reliability History: any error codes, warnings, or even informational events being captured just before or at the time of mic/discord lags?
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3, 80 Plus Gold 750W original to build now 4.5 years old

3 disk drives 1: Samsung 860 Evo 500gb 2: Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB 3: Seagate barracuda 3tb HDD

HDD 800gb free, 500gb has 60 free and the m.2 1tb has 55gb free

Nothing noticeable in reliability history

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
That 4.5 year old EVGA PSU is a likely suspect.

Works but not longer can fully respond to flucuating and peaking power demands.

Take a look at the following link. Not with the immediate intent to go out a purchase a new PSU. Simply to apply the various calculators and total up the system component's power demands. If a component has a wattage range then use the high end value.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

I also believe that the drives are also involved. Space being limited and more time (power) is required to read and write data. Especially the HDD.

Once fillled beyond 70-80% capacity then files may become fragmented and problematic. HDD's can be defragmented. SSD's cannot.

Backup all important data to other locations then do some slow and care disk cleaning to removing unused apps, old data, and (likely) many temp files.

= = = =

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Check for any signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melting insulation, pinched or kinked wires, browned or blackened areas, loose or missing screws.

Just a bit of maintenance and care could help. Cleaning out dust, for example, will allow the system to run cooler.

Mar 10, 2023
When I have high fps in a game or the game is intensive the mic in discord lags for my friends then stops working completely. I either have to unplug and replug it or reselect my mic and headset in discord as the playback and input devices. Never had this problem with a headset mic, so how do I fix this problem. Couldn't find anything online about it.

My setup is:
Asus prime x470 pro
rtx 3070 ti
ryzen 7 5800x
32gb 3600 mhz ram

Thanks for any help

Do you use Nvidia Broadcast on the Ghub app?