Question How do I fix this sata/M.2 clone boot issue with my Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II motherboard?

Aug 27, 2022
Hey everyone. Please see my saved parts here

I tried cloning over the 500GB M.2 boot drive to the 1TB M.2 drive (with Marcrium). But I can’t boot from the 1TB Drive after cloning.

The compatibility notes say: "When the motherboard M.2 slot M2_1 is used, two SATA 6 Gb/s ports are disabled "

What does this mean? Is there a fix for this?

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Bret

Hey everyone. Please see my saved parts here

I tried cloning over the 500GB M.2 boot drive to the 1TB M.2 drive (with Marcrium). But I can’t boot from the 1TB Drive after cloning.

The compatibility notes say: When the motherboard M.2 slot M2_1 is used, two SATA 6 Gb/s ports are disabled.

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Bret
BOOT with MR Rescue USB with all other disks disabled/disconnected.and chose "Fix BOOT problems"
As for those " compatibility notes" it means just what it says. Couple of SATA ports and disks connected to them will not work and should be left not used. Check manual to see which ones.

Please show screenshot from Disk Management after cloning.
(upload to imgur.com and post link)
The compatibility notes say: When the motherboard M.2 slot M2_1 is used, two SATA 6 Gb/s ports are disabled.
That means sata ports SATA5 and SATA6 get disabled, when M2_1 slot is occupied.
If your HDD is connected to any of those ports, it will be unavailable.
Connect your HDD to ports SATA1 - SATA4 instead.