[SOLVED] How do i format my HDD so i can Install new Windows 11/10 on SSD

lolcoolpro.123

Reputable
Jan 11, 2019
My PC only had 1TB HDD and it's almost full, So I just buy a new 256 GB SSD to make my PC Faster. The Question is How do i format my HDD and Install Windows On SSD Step by Step? and what do i Need?
(i currently use Windows 11)

Colif

Win 11 Master
Reactions: KyaraM
Solution
I Have 2 Partition on my HDD C: and D: , what happen if i reconnect my HDD? will my HDD become D: and E: or it'll overwrite my SSD?

The SSD will remain as C and will NOT be overwritten. The partitions on your HDD will have other drive letters.

The important point is to boot from the USB installer with ONLY THE SSD CONNECTED when you begin the installation.

Re-connect the HDD only AFTER the PC boots with just the SSD connected and all appears to be OK.

The SSD will remain as C and will NOT be overwritten. The partitions on your HDD will have other drive letters.

The important point is to boot from the USB installer with ONLY THE SSD CONNECTED when you begin the installation.

Re-connect the HDD only AFTER the PC boots with just the SSD connected and all appears to be OK.
Okay Thanks for the help guys(y)
You still have to go into bios and set the new ssd as the first boot device, otherwise if the hdd is on a lower sata port it might still boot from the old hdd.

Reactions: KyaraM