[SOLVED] How do i get better ping in Mozambique?

Ibraimo

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
In Mozambique im using a 4G mobile network,(usb tethering), but the problem is gaming latency i play on 200ms , it cant go below that point, i tried using this app Exitlag, i was even considering buying VPNexpress but,with Exitlag it beraly made a difference, so i dont want to lose money, without making sure it makes a difference, so is there a way to get about 100ms? im thinking of buying a.. network provider, like something that works in every country, im willing to pay about 50$ a month, i dont know if that made sense but if you have a solution to my problem i will be glad to hear it, "not fun being a gamer with high ping"

The vast majority of the problem likely is the distance between you and the server. The limitation is some fractional percetange of the speed of light in optical fiber plus the overhead. In addition fiber does not actually travel is a straight line. It is not uncommon to get 200+ms from africa to the USA or even singapore.

In addition because you are using mobile boradband it is going to add 30-50ms to any connection. The new 5g stuff is suppose to add less.

Unless you are using some server located say in south africa I doubt you will ever get 100ms. Even most of the EU is in the 150ms range from most locations in southern africa.

Reactions: RealBeast

RealBeast

Titan
yes, its a good solution but im looking for something that does a really great ammount of difference, honestly with what i currently have i feel, its at the tip of the edge,
I assume your need is for gaming.
The only part that you can control is from your house to your service provider.
Anything involving wireless will involve greater latency. I hear about all these ideas for satellite Internet, even low orbit that is a lot more latency.
Short of moving, all you can do is use European Blizzard servers for example.
I mean you really would have to try to find a place farther from gaming servers.

But there is hope on the way Facebook is building an undersea cable around Africa.

Ibraimo

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
The vast majority of the problem likely is the distance between you and the server. The limitation is some fractional percetange of the speed of light in optical fiber plus the overhead. In addition fiber does not actually travel is a straight line. It is not uncommon to get 200+ms from africa to the USA or even singapore.

In addition because you are using mobile boradband it is going to add 30-50ms to any connection. The new 5g stuff is suppose to add less.

Unless you are using some server located say in south africa I doubt you will ever get 100ms. Even most of the EU is in the 150ms range from most locations in southern africa.
that is true, i play in EU servers, there are games with a server in south africa, "johannesburg", i once saw my brother playing CSGO with 20ms latency, now i personaly never played any game with an african server, i mainly play valorant, i used to play warface, but the people of that game treat people with less 200ms ping like garbage, calling them chinese,too toxic i stoped playing, so today i stick with valorant, the only way i can kill is by killing them without being seen, i am planing on downloading other games that have a server on south africa, but i want to be carefull in witch i download cause network is not unlimited, so its not exacly one i decide i want to download COD,csgo,fortine, overwatch..etc.., im not a bad gamer or anything, i quickly adap, but im hoping to get a solution in the future, gaming is all i do

TRENDING THREADS