[SOLVED] How do I know if my bios is updated to run 3700x

nai249

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2015
I bought the MSI B450 Tomahawk and the 3700x. I tried to run them together but nothing displayed on my monitor. Is this a sign that my bios needs to be updated? Or is something else wrong?

Solution
Amd didn't release the 3000 series bios instructions to its AIB partners until April, so if your board was manufactured before April, it's guaranteed to have no 3000 series compatible bios. After April it will. Sale date, vendor receiving date, doesn't mean same thing, it's the actual date the instructions were received, plus any extra time needed to create a bios for them and get it stuck on the board. So could even be sometime in May.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Amd didn't release the 3000 series bios instructions to its AIB partners until April, so if your board was manufactured before April, it's guaranteed to have no 3000 series compatible bios. After April it will. Sale date, vendor receiving date, doesn't mean same thing, it's the actual date the instructions were received, plus any extra time needed to create a bios for them and get it stuck on the board. So could even be sometime in May.

Reactions: DMAN999
Solution