ReHack

Prominent
Jan 30, 2022
Before, Genshin Impact used 95-100% of my gpu and was very smooth to play with (consistent 57-60 fps with gives a bit to zero stutters during gameplay). Now, it only uses 83% GPU max, and at times suddenly drops to 15% or 30% which makes it super laggy and stuttery (51 fps walking, battles makes it drop as low as 26 fps) . This doesn't happen to me on other games, What should I do?

My Specs:
A8-7650K
GTX 650
16gb Ram (note: I kind of just changed ram sticks lately, could help maybe? cause the 2nd ram stick I had was kinda notorious for giving games bad frametime)
Mobo: Amd A88

Solution
I'm kinda scared with voltage stuff, how do I know what's safe? and since I've never touched those settings, do I change them in cpu-z?
DDR3 safe voltages are 1.5V to 1.65V.
You can change DDR voltage settings in BIOS (usually).
In some brand name prebuilt pcs (like HP, Dell, Acer) - DDR voltage settings may not be available.

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Before, Genshin Impact used 95-100% of my gpu and was very smooth to play with (consistent 57-60 fps with gives a bit to zero stutters during gameplay). Now, it only uses 83% GPU max, and at times suddenly drops to 15% or 30% which makes it super laggy and stuttery (51 fps walking, battles makes it drop as low as 26 fps) . This doesn't happen to me on other games, What should I do?

My Specs:
A8-7650K
GTX 650
16gb Ram (note: I kind of just changed ram sticks lately, could help maybe? cause the 2nd ram stick I had was kinda notorious for giving games bad frametime)
Are the RAMs the same? The 650 is an old card, when was it last cleaned and repasted? Your system is probably bottlenecked by VRAM. Actually, the Minimum for genshin is a 1030, and a 650 is weaker than that. I do believe you are graphical memory limited. Your GPU drops in utilization because there isn't enough data in the buffer to keep the GPU busy. Its waiting for information and the 1GB of VRAM is not enough. Genshin being an MMORPG, a fair amount of VRAM will be essential.

ReHack

Prominent
Jan 30, 2022
Are the RAMs the same? The 650 is an old card, when was it last cleaned and repasted? Your system is probably bottlenecked by VRAM. Actually, the Minimum for genshin is a 1030, and a 650 is weaker than that. I do believe you are graphical memory limited. Your GPU drops in utilization because there isn't enough data in the buffer to keep the GPU busy. Its waiting for information and the 1GB of VRAM is not enough. Genshin being an MMORPG, a fair amount of VRAM will be essential.
okay so this is going to be very weird but the RAM sticks are technically the same (same model and all) but they differ in physical size, one is like a low profile version, the other is like a standard version I think, it's specifically a DDR3 PC3-12800 kingston RAM (1600 mhz) The notorius one I'm talking about is the standard sized looking one.

Also about the vram, yeah kinda makes sense, but I'm still kind of confused with the usage thing cause it was consistently at 97%-100% usage before, but I'm actually planning to buy a gtx 1050 from a friend, I at least wanna fix the problem while I wait for my friend to change their graphics card

ReHack

Prominent
Jan 30, 2022
okay so this is going to be very weird but the RAM sticks are technically the same (same model and all) but they differ in physical size, one is like a low profile version, the other is like a standard version I think, it's specifically a DDR3 PC3-12800 kingston RAM (1600 mhz) The notorius one I'm talking about is the standard sized looking one.

Also about the vram, yeah kinda makes sense, but I'm still kind of confused with the usage thing cause it was consistently at 97%-100% usage before, but I'm actually planning to buy a gtx 1050 ti from a friend, I at least wanna fix the problem while I wait for my friend to change their graphics card

note: I kind of just changed ram sticks lately, could help maybe? cause the 2nd ram stick I had was kinda notorious for giving games bad frametime
If that's the only thing you changed, then it would make sense to suspect this to be the cause.

Can you show screenshots from CPU-Z - memory and spd sections?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

What make/model motherboard is it? Check at CPU-Z - motherboard section,

ReHack

Prominent
Jan 30, 2022
If that's the only thing you changed, then it would make sense to suspect this to be the cause.

Can you show screenshots from CPU-Z - memory and spd sections?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

What make/model motherboard is it? Check at CPU-Z - motherboard section,

Mobo: View: https://imgur.com/13FEMhh

Memory Tab: View: https://imgur.com/jyPbNmF

SPD Slot 2: View: https://imgur.com/GwrO6dR

SPD Slot 4: View: https://imgur.com/9rBUFUs

Btw I only have two slots for ram

ReHack

Prominent
Jan 30, 2022
Looks good.
You can try increasing DRAM voltage to improve stability.
Start with 1.55V, test. If no change, then increase to 1.6V. You can go up to 1.65V. Don't go over this value.
I'm kinda scared with voltage stuff, how do I know what's safe? and since I've never touched those settings, do I change them in cpu-z?
also if it's alright, can I just buy the same exact RAM stick? (the low profile looking one that I mentioned, cause that one is brand new and the physically larger one was just given to me)