Question How do I make my PC quieter? I think my GPU is the problem.

Jul 9, 2019
Hey! I made an account just so I could ask for help because I've found no proper solutions yet.

My PC is super loud, the noise is so loud that I can hear it through my headphones when I'm gaming and it's really affecting me. I can't properly enjoy playing games since I keep hearing a lot of noise. I think it's my graphics card that makes a lot of noise. I have a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING OC 8G. The sound only gets really loud when I'm gaming. Here are my specifications:

Intel® Core i9-9900K
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING OC 8G
Corsair 2x16GB DDR4-3200MHz
GIGABYTE Z390 GAMING X
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240
NZXT H500
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB SSD + 1TB HDD
Windows 10

I play on a 2560x1440p 144Hz monitor, keep this in mind please.

I've tried using monitoring software to see what components make the noise and what temperatures they reach. My temperatures of both CPU and GPU almost never get above 75°C. Also my CPU load never reaches a %100, my GPU only reaches %100 load when I'm playing games that are heavy. I'm talking about Battlefield V on ultra settings with ray-tracing enabled. I'm not overclocking any parts, the only thing I've changed is turning on XMP for my RAM so it runs at the advertised speed of 3200MHz instead of getting limited at 2133MHz.

I hope some of you can help me out, I'd really appreciate it!

- Joeri

Lutfij

Titan
Overclocking the ram does add heat from the processor since that is where the IMC is. You might want to state the ambient air temps. The case you're working with seems to reflect the numbers you're seeing with temps and at those resolutions.

Jul 9, 2019
Overclocking the ram does add heat from the processor since that is where the IMC is. You might want to state the ambient air temps. The case you're working with seems to reflect the numbers you're seeing with temps and at those resolutions.

What temperates are ambient air temperatures? This is my second PC built, don't have a lot of knowledge yet. Also about overclocking the RAM, I only did this a few days ago and I've had my PC for a few weeks now, I don't think this causes the main problem.