[SOLVED] How much time could an ARMOR LINE-UPS system of 1200Watt/2000VA support my PC?

Waseem.gfx

Commendable
Sep 29, 2019
Hey guys, I recently bought a UPS due to frequent power outages in the city where I live.
UPS Specs (Google Drive Link):
UPS Specs
My PC Specs:
CPU:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
Power Supply: Corsair RM 750x
Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix b450-f Gaming ii
Ram: 16GB

How much time could that UPS support my PC in normal load?
*Note: Usually, I play PES2021 when a power outage occurs

Solution
I am not familiar with that specific brand but most of the units with an LCD display will show you run time under the current load. Most of them have a setting where you can get the system to shut down at a specific battery percentage, but typically have to be hooked to the PC via a USB (as well as the power cord).

If not, I suggest looking on the manufacturer website and see if they have a calculator there for showing run time.

I like using Outervisions power calculator and then use that number to plug into the manufacturer site for a general idea.

I keep two systems and one monitor each on my either 1000 or 1200 W unit from APC and it gives me about 20 minutes under any kind of load. I can about double it shutting down one PC. I...

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I am not familiar with that specific brand but most of the units with an LCD display will show you run time under the current load. Most of them have a setting where you can get the system to shut down at a specific battery percentage, but typically have to be hooked to the PC via a USB (as well as the power cord).

If not, I suggest looking on the manufacturer website and see if they have a calculator there for showing run time.

I like using Outervisions power calculator and then use that number to plug into the manufacturer site for a general idea.

I keep two systems and one monitor each on my either 1000 or 1200 W unit from APC and it gives me about 20 minutes under any kind of load. I can about double it shutting down one PC. I typically do so with the higher powered unit so we can continue to work on the other. I keep my modem on another battery backup. Keep in mind the above time is not while gaming, which uses a lot of power.

Reactions: Waseem.gfx
Solution