How often do you buy video games in a year?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ben Harley

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
Wow it really made me think how much I have changed over the years. When I was a teenager I used to get 10-12 games a month. Story mode single players and multi-players both.
And now I hardy buy any new game. Just keep playing siege and COD these days. :)

according to my steam account

2019 6 games
2018 263 games
2017 17 games

That doesnt include any stray games i may have picked up outside of steam which may only account for 4-5 games over the past 3 years.

AngelTech

Notable
May 18, 2019
I don't get many games bc my parents are poor but after I get my money I plan to buy games more frequently but noticed that I am more careful planning out if I want x game or not which I'm usually not picky with what game I get so it's definitely new.

If I had to choose a number tho probably like 10-20 (in a year usually spread across months)

Randi Poling

Honorable
Feb 19, 2014
Maybe 2-3.... I used to buy 10-20 with the steam sales, but I just dont have time, o I have XBOX LIve Game Pass and play those or Apex Legends. I have such a big back catalog of steam games to play though....

southrncomfort

Prominent
Mar 27, 2018
It changes depending on stage of life... i get a few on Steam special but was big into it .. then had kids ... bye bye gametime for 10 years ....lol

Sep 30, 2018
I don't buy games since I don't have the money to buy nor do I have a credit card. So I just grab repacks of games and download around 50-100 games a year(minimum).
I am planning of buying all my favorite games even if i have their repacks in my computer. Just to support the developers and help them continue making good games.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS