Question How often should ventilator work?

Mar 30, 2019
Hi,

I am quite new to the PC world, thus would really appreciate your advice and information. I recently switched to HP 840 G2 i7 5600 U with touchscreen with WIN 10 64 bit, SSD 480, 16 GB RAM. Previously I had used only PC's with either much less RAM or even HDD instead of SSD, this is the first time I am going for such more (in my terms :)) powerful version. The one thing that I am not aware of and I am quite worried is that the CPU fan (the one on left side) is working quite often, even if I am just browsing web (with several tabs, let's say 4) or moving between excel and word.
The question is - should it be like this due to the PC parameters, because it is faster and more powerful?
And - no, it is not overheating, the temperature is ok and the tempo for doing tasks as well, just the thing that the fan comparing to the old pc's I used before is more noticeable, much more often.

Many, many thanks in advance!

Regards,
Rich

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
Short answer: Yes.
A more powerful setup will require higher voltage and power in general and by that heat up the components more.
That means the components need to be cooled down more often and faster, resulting in the fans turning on more often and at higher speeds.

Reactions: richhcir