How to access the advanced BIOS on Acer Nitro 5 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2020
I've been going nuts with this. I'm trying to get access to the Nitro 5 advanced BIOS so I can change the VRAM taken by the iGPU. The iGPU takes 2GB of RAM from my laptop.
I've learned my lesson, I will never buy another Acer piece of equipment ever again, but I still need that RAM back, and I can't afford another stick right now due to personal issues.

I've tried a few combos (Fn+Tab, F10+A, a weird combo I found on Reddit) but I haven't found success.

I'm posting this hopping someone knows this keycombo, please, if you do, share it. I'll be very VERY grateful to you.

Dec 8, 2020
I was talking about the advance menu, but I'm about ready to give up.

If you're reading this, don't buy Acer, they are pieces of <Mod Edit>, and will force you to flash your BIOS to fix the mess their engineers made. Who takes 2GBs of RAM from a computer to give all of it to a <Mod Edit> iGPU while you have a dedicated one with 4GBs DDR5??? Worse yet! They lock you in a "baby's first BIOS" and refuse to give you access to the real advanced stuff! What the <Mod Edit> are Acer engineers putting up their <Mod Edit>???

I'm sorry for the rant, Acer has broken me.

Last edited by a moderator:

rgd1101

Don't
because that how laptop work. it use the igpu unless you do something that need more power.
while it is call a gaming laptop. it really low end one. if you want more control, should have get a high end one

or Should have get a desktop.

If you're reading this, don't buy Acer, they are pieces of <Mod Edit>, and will force you to flash your BIOS to fix the mess their engineers made. Who takes 2GBs of RAM from a computer to give all of it to a <Mod Edit> iGPU while you have a dedicated one with 4GBs DDR5??? Worse yet! They lock you in a "baby's first BIOS" and refuse to give you access to the real advanced stuff! What the <Mod Edit> are Acer engineers putting up their <Mod Edit>???

Pretty much every laptop manufactor lock these settings not only acer, unless its very high end gaming laptop which costs 2000$/e+

Feb 11, 2021

You need to learn more about your computer before posting something like that... according what you said your Nitro 5 use AMD Ryzen right?

So thats no Acer faults, AMD processors with Vega iGPU reserve part of RAM to its video. That its normal on ALL Ryzen processors with iGPU.

Apr 8, 2021
You need to learn more about your computer before posting something like that... according what you said your Nitro 5 use AMD Ryzen right?

So thats no Acer faults, AMD processors with Vega iGPU reserve part of RAM to its video. That its normal on ALL Ryzen processors with iGPU.

I'm answering with this account because I lost my previous one, and found this post again while looking for the key combo to the BIOS.

Since you already necro'd the post to talk <Mod Edit>, care to explain to me why a iGPU, that is only used for non-intensive purposes like desktop and window rendering, needs 2 GBs of my regular RAM, when I have a dedicated GPU with 2 GBs of DDR5 VRAM dedicated solely for graphical processes? Because, on my book, that's the work of a <Mod Edit> engineer. But maybe I've got this all wrong, and you'll enlighten me on that. I'm waiting.

Also, YOU seem to have no idea how computers work, CPUs and GPUs don't "reserve" anything from anywhere, the motherboard does, based on the configuration set on the BIOS.

Edit: Feel free to answer me in private if you want to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm answering with this account because I lost my previous one, and found this post again while looking for the key combo to the BIOS.

Since you already necro'd the post to talk ...., care to explain to me why a iGPU, that is only used for non-intensive purposes like desktop and window rendering, needs 2 GBs of my regular RAM, when I have a dedicated GPU with 2 GBs of DDR5 VRAM dedicated solely for graphical processes? Because, on my book, that's the work of a ..... engineer. But maybe I've got this all wrong, and you'll enlighten me on that. I'm waiting.

Also, YOU seem to have no idea how computers work, CPUs and GPUs don't "reserve" anything from anywhere, the motherboard does, based on the configuration set on the BIOS.

Edit: Feel free to answer me in private if you want to.

The integrated graphics is used when you're not using GPU intensive software. 2GB of RAM is taken by the integrated graphics because it needs it.

There is no need for your GPU to be used and take more power than the integrated graphics when you don't need it.

It's not Acer's fault. It's how a laptop works. On some laptop you can deactivate the integrated graphics but on most it will give you black screen the moment you deactivate it.

I understand you're angry if you have 8GB of RAM but 8GB of RAM is not really enough these days. 16GB is recommended.

Should have seen the Celeron Dual Core laptop 4GB of RAM with integrated graphics on Windows 10. It was crawling just by opening Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.