How to bypass you ISP internet restrictions when using a router?

IoanDutu

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
My ISP is RDS (Romanian Data Systems) and if i have there cable connected directly to my laptop, i have download speed of 11 MB/s, but if i connect through a router my download speed is just 10% of that. I made a trace and saw that it took 11 points to reach www.google.com (when i'm connected directly) and 12 when i go through the router. They most certanly cut the band when the ping/trace has a difference of 1 point. They probably do this to preserve the band limits. How can i connect through a router and make the system think i'm connected directly ? So that i can have the same band that i pay for, not just 10% of it? Can you please help?
My router is : TP-LINK 300M Wireless N Router Model No. TL-WR941ND
Now i know that in order to make this bypass i can install the Linux version of the router, but i don't know the steps in order to do that. Is there any other way in order to do this that is simpler? Thank you very much in advance and have a pleasent evening

the reason you had an additional hop/point is because you added the router.

Did you reboot the modem after you connected the router?

turn off the modem and the router

connect the router to the modem

turn on the modem and wait for it to completely boot up

then turn on the router

now see if the speed is back to 11Mb/s (which is equal to 1.3MB/s)

IoanDutu

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
First of all, i do not have a modem. They're CAT5E cable is entering my home directly from there router. Second, i'm not downloading with 11Mb/s, i'm downloading with 11MB/s. This is an example :