[SOLVED] How to code it so that the program checks my schedule

Dundees

Reputable
Jun 30, 2020
Hello,

I've been thinking about doing a project involving coding. My school uses an app to let you see your schedule for the week. So my plan was to make an alarm clock that automatically checks your schedule and based off of that puts the alarm clock at the right time. I couldn't really find anything on this topic, so i thought i'd ask it here. Thanks in advance

Solution
Hello,

I've been thinking about doing a project involving coding. My school uses an app to let you see your schedule for the week. So my plan was to make an alarm clock that automatically checks your schedule and based off of that puts the alarm clock at the right time. I couldn't really find anything on this topic, so i thought i'd ask it here. Thanks in advance
Unless the calendar app has an API or can export into a format that you can parse, then there is no simple way to interact between custom code and the app.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,

Unless the calendar app has an API or can export into a format that you can parse, then there is no simple way to interact between custom code and the app.

Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Might be the most open ended programming question I have seen.

Do you have access to the API that provides the schedule to the application? If not, you would have to pull the text out of the application (which itself means running the application on some sort of , then input it into the clock application, which presumably has some sort of external "Set Alarm" function that can be used as an input.

D

Deleted member 14196

You can use AutoIt with the UIAutomation UDFs

There’s a bit of a learning curve but it’s worth it because then you can test applications and all kinds of things. There is also a web driver UDF. if it’s a web based calendar that you would most likely be able to pull that information out so you probably don’t need uiautomation if you use WebDriver in chrome or edge

Last edited by a moderator: