[SOLVED] How to COMPLETELY remove Windows 10 from my drive?

Epiczeven

Reputable
Dec 20, 2019
Ok it's maybe sound stupid but how can i remove windows 10 from my drive? Recently i just bought 120GB SSD and I'm planning to put my OS in it. But since my HDD only has 1 partition (ikr it's sounds so fool and stupid) i CAN'T migrate my OS because lack of free space. My HDD is used around 300GB and still have around 100GB free space. So I'm planning to do fresh install to my SSD.

Solution
If you have an install tool for Windows 10: USB, or DVD, etc... then I would connect/install the 120GB SSD, disconnect any other drives you have and do a clean install of Windows 10 on the new 120GB SSD.
When you're all done, re-connect the other hard drives(s).
Windows 10 only uses about 40GB's.
If you can't currently boot to ANY OS version, then you can do this, and simply remove ALL partitions on the drive, then create a new, blank partition afterwards.

https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-a-Hard-Drive-Partition-Using-Gparted

If you CAN attach this drive to a system that is able to be booted to Windows, then you can use THIS to remove all the partitions on that drive.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lTrZopRtE8

And if you can't do either of those, but you have access to a flash drive an another computer, you can do this.

And then this:

Blackink

Distinguished
If you have an install tool for Windows 10: USB, or DVD, etc... then I would connect/install the 120GB SSD, disconnect any other drives you have and do a clean install of Windows 10 on the new 120GB SSD.
When you're all done, re-connect the other hard drives(s).
Windows 10 only uses about 40GB's.

Solution
Yes, doing a CLEAN install is the much preferred method, and does not require that there be ANY amount of free space on the HDD because it won't even be connected when you do the installation. You can wipe all the partitions from the HDD, AFTER you do the Windows installation on the SSD.

you can shrink your existing partition, create say a 50GB partition and move stuff to it. then shrink the original partition while extending the new. Easeus and many partition managers can do this fairly painlessly.

Eventually you should be able to even mirror the smaller main partition to your SSD if you choose

Ok it's maybe sound stupid but how can i remove windows 10 from my drive? Recently i just bought 120GB SSD and I'm planning to put my OS in it. But since my HDD only has 1 partition (ikr it's sounds so fool and stupid) i CAN'T migrate my OS because lack of free space. My HDD is used around 300GB and still have around 100GB free space. So I'm planning to do fresh install to my SSD.