Question How to DISABLE/Delete in-built screen from windows ??!

RobbeyRobert

Honorable
May 10, 2015
How can you disable/delete your in-built screen, from windows without touching anything on the MB, in order for OS to not see more than one monitor connected. ?!

Reason i want to do it: My laptop's screen is broken (In-built screen doesn't exist/not plugged - Windows just detects it from Motherboard) therefore i am using an external monitor, that is plugged in via "VGA Cable" everything is fine until this point, which pretty much is related to the desktop.

Now THE PROBLEM >> in Games, i just can't manage to set resolutions of desire, only max resolution, or resolutions that are too low or not working properly with my monitor, but rather in-built LCD.

On my other 2 laptops if i plug in the external screen and shut the LID, it switches from in-built to external display, and i can pretty much set what resolution i want, and for one particular game, i'd like to set "1280x720" it looks great on my external screen aswell, but on this one if i set it, it isn't displayed correctly and is kinda streched out, i think it is trying to set the resolution for both or just the internal screen not sure on this one, i also tried plugging the same screen to two other laptops and running the same game, it works flawlessly on my custom resolution.

Things i tried so far : On desktop > Screen resolution > Advanced settings > Monitor #1 > Properties > Uninstall driver !! but nothing changed really, windows still see's 2 display's.

So if anyone know of a hack or some program that delete's an in-built screen or does some magic in windows registry ? please let me know. THANKS

System: Windows 8, GPU > Intel HD graphics 4000, dedicated is dead. (P.s could it be from my GPU ? the other 2 laptops have dedicated graphics, could the resolution be limited to gpu ? )

Ralston18

Titan
Do not tinker with the Registry. (Registry editing is a last resort only to be taken if all data is backed up, the registry is backed up, and you are prepared to completely reinstall.)

Broken laptop:

With laptop screen and external monitor both active what happens, if anything, when you combine press "WIN" + 'P" keys and select
"Second screen only"?

RobbeyRobert

Honorable
May 10, 2015
Do not tinker with the Registry. (Registry editing is a last resort only to be taken if all data is backed up, the registry is backed up, and you are prepared to completely reinstall.)

Broken laptop:

With laptop screen and external monitor both active what happens, if anything, when you combine press "WIN" + 'P" keys and select
"Second screen only"?
I have tried all combinations in-game, like this: Win + P > laptop screen ( which does not exist ) then > multiple screens, tried setting resolution, but wasn't listed, after that > second, external monitor, the resolution was listed and applied but the image was stretched, i pressed auto image adjust, on my monitor, it didn't help.

RobbeyRobert

Honorable
May 10, 2015
What is the laptop model?
What is the monitor model you are using with the VGA cable?

Have you tried going into the Intel Graphics Control Panel to select the monitor as single display so it doesn't use the laptops screen for output?
The laptop is from HP, pavilion something
The screen probably some cheap chineze monitor, since it doesn't have a brand/name, just some model number, surprisingly the image is remarkable, for a screen that was built before 2010.

yes, i have tried everything i know of, regardless, nothing works.
i'm thinking of abandoning this thread, who knows what might be the issue here, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.