[SOLVED] How to dismantle RAID0

danwellman

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2013
I had 2 SSDs in a RAID0 and have disconnected them in order to install a new single non-RAID SSD, which is working fine.

I wanted to format the old SSDs, so have connected one of them back up, but it is not shown in Windows so I cannot format it. It is shown in the BIOS though.

Do I need to dismantle the RAID properly somehow? How do I un-RAID them?

Motherboard is ASUS ROG Maximum XI Hero

Solution
If the SSD you had was on a RAID array prior and is no longer part of it, maybe see if that SSD is showing up on a donor system. Also, you may want to format the unused RAID SSD on the donor system using EASEUS or see if it pops up in Disk Manager.

Out of curiosity, how did you setup the RAID array? Via the OS(Windows 10) or via BIOS and then creating the RAID array?

Weirdly I set it up a long time ago - around 5 years and on a previous system, have upgraded various things since then, including MOBO twice, but have never had to reconfigure RAID. This is actually why I couldn't remember how to configure it - because it was so long since I set it up!

But, I managed to do it anyway, there was an area in BIOS to do it, just had...

Lutfij

Titan
If the SSD you had was on a RAID array prior and is no longer part of it, maybe see if that SSD is showing up on a donor system. Also, you may want to format the unused RAID SSD on the donor system using EASEUS or see if it pops up in Disk Manager.

Out of curiosity, how did you setup the RAID array? Via the OS(Windows 10) or via BIOS and then creating the RAID array?

danwellman

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2013

Weirdly I set it up a long time ago - around 5 years and on a previous system, have upgraded various things since then, including MOBO twice, but have never had to reconfigure RAID. This is actually why I couldn't remember how to configure it - because it was so long since I set it up!

But, I managed to do it anyway, there was an area in BIOS to do it, just had to disable CSM, then it became visible

Solution