Question How to duplicate display with 120/144Hz in Windows 11 with 3070

Jun 4, 2024
I'm currently using a 3070 on Windows 11 with a 3 monitor setup. I have my 4K 60Hz monitor separate, and am trying to duplicate my 1440p 144Hz monitor (running at 4K with DSR, so it's running as a 4K 144Hz monitor) to my 4K 120Hz TV. The issue I am having is that anytime I duplicate the 1440p/4K monitor to my TV, the monitor runs at 144Hz, but I can't change the refresh rate of the whole setup so that my TV runs at 120Hz. Is there anyway I could get this to work, or is it just not something that's possible on Windows?

Also, one other slightly unrelated problem - when I try to run 4K 144hz on the TV, the input occasionally flickers as if the HDMI cable isn't up to the needed HDMI standard. The issue is that it didn't do this when I just bought it, and I bought it specifically for it's HDMI protocol.

I'd appreciate any help!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which RTX3070 do you have and what are the makes and models of your displays? You might want to run DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually reinstall with the latest drivers sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command.

Last I checked, if you go above 120Hz at 4K, the third display get's knocked out, meaning you're only able to stick to 120Hz for a triple panel setup. Have you tried manually setting the resolutions in Nvidia's Control Panel?

Reactions: Apatosaurus
Jun 4, 2024

Which RTX3070 do you have and what are the makes and models of your displays? You might want to run DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually reinstall with the latest drivers sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command.

Last I checked, if you go above 120Hz at 4K, the third display get's knocked out, meaning you're only able to stick to 120Hz for a triple panel setup. Have you tried manually setting the resolutions in Nvidia's Control Panel?
If I remember correctly, the MSI Ventus 8GB, 3 fans. The TV is a TCL C645 I believe, it has adaptive refresh rate and 120hz support. The 1440P display @ 144Hz is an LG Ultragear, most like a 27GN800, and the 4K60 monitor is some Samsung

I’ve been successfully able to run all three displays separately successfully (the tv at 4K120, the 1440P monitor at 1440P 144hz (4K through DSR), and the 3rd 4K monitor at 60Hz successfully. I’m not sure I understand what you mean about the third monitor dropping out.

I haven’t tried setting them through the Nvidia control panel, as soon as I get home I’ll try that.

Jun 4, 2024
Heph

It seemed to work! I turned off DSR in Nvidia Control Panel, set the refresh rate, and then turned DSR back on. Everything seems to work now.

Thank you!