How to Edit Your Comments

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
One POSSIBLE nit-pick about the forums view... It appears that, at the very least, the "report" button is either moved, or missing entirely.

[citation][nom]IzzyCraft[/nom]You could just think before you post1: Does it need to be said?2: Does it need to be said now?3: Does it need to be said now, by me?[/citation]
No, that doesn't apply to everyone, like me... Sometimes, immediately after I post, I'll spot a post that I hadn't seen before, and wanted to reply to. (such as one added while I was writing my other reply, since my comments tend to be giant walls of text replying to multiple other comments) In such a case, I'd have to make ANOTHER reply for them... Or, I can, now that the function works for me, (somehow I had difficulty getting the forums to recognize me being signed on) just edit it into my previous slab of text.

[citation][nom]spentshells[/nom]why not write about tech information ?or write about tech instead of etiquette[/citation]
Well, Tom's articles are meant to be useful to their readers... I'm of the opinion that articles like this are potentially MORE useful than most of their "tech" ones... ;)

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
Can we have edit button on Tom's Guide too?

And having it on the article page (instead of just in the forum) would be nice too.

G

Simply keep yourself logged in, scroll down to the Comments section and you should see a link called "Read the comments in the forums."
This does not work for me unfortunately :(

When I find my post, there is no edit buttons what so ever.
It doesn't matter if the article posted was on Tom's Hardware or Tom's Guide, it's still the same.

But in the main forums themselves when I post, the edit buttons show up with no problem what so ever.

G

Weird, it doesn't show those buttons for me...

Edit:
Okay it did this time for some reason. Other posts I've done it doesn't work though. Brings me to different looking forums...

The_King

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2007
I cannot edit any of my comments the edit button does not appear after i click "Read the comments on the forums" and scroll to my comment and yes i am still logged in !!! So now what ???

Okay its working after i posted here.....strange

This edit is only working in www.tomshardware.com/forum and NOT in

www.tomsguide.com/us/forum

This I believe this is the cause of the confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.