• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question How to enable Remote Management on Optilink OP XONT 71110AC Modem (Excitel FTTH).

mpalzz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2016
I want to access my Excitel modem 'Optilink OP XONT 71110AC' GUI from outside my home network.

For that I first configured dynamic dns into the modem's settings. I used NO-IP to create an account and bind my public ip to the url in NO-IP portal. I saved all this info in my modem's Dynamic DNS settings section along with my NO-IP account username and password. But I was not able to acces my modems GUI from internet. I also tried entering port :8080, :80 manually at the end of URL, but could not see the configration page of modem.

Then I simply entered 'mypublicip:8080' and 'mypublicip:80' on my web browser of my mobile, which was on data connection. This is as simply as I can try to access my modem's web gui from outside network. This didn't work either.

I only reason it didn't work is if either this modem do not support remote management at all or remote managemet has not been enabled yet on this modem. I looked into modem setting and could not find any setting related to remote management.

Am I missing something here?

ASK THE COMMUNITY