How to fix 90-98% CPU usage from ONE program?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FlayThenHook

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016
Recently for the past week, I have been experiencing lag with 5 fps and no solution. (Google, YouTube, emailing game creators, asking friends online, etc) There was no working solution. How can I fix this 100% CPU from ONE program? Which in this case for me is when I try to run my game or try to record a video.

I already did these:
Defrag
Antivirus
Check for other Processes
It's been confirmed it's only one program.

I hope somebody can find a working solution for me, because at this point I might be buying a new computer... My dad couldn't help me either.

latedev

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

One of the best anti malware programs and costs nothing to remove malware. If this doesn't find anything then there is no malware.
Always be aware of programs that say they have found malware and you need to pay to remove it. It is a con.

Malwarebytes is a reputable company and one of the leading companies in anti malware alongside others like Sophos Nortons and Macafee.

latedev

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
Both the games you mentioned are Client/Server games that are notorious for lag. To rule out network problems, you need to run a standalone game to check your computer out. This is any game that does not need to be connected to the internet, unlike LOL and Robox.

latedev

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
This is why I said you must impart full information, not give out little bits as responses to questions.

So to recap: up to 2 weeks ago you could run lol and robox with no problem. You havn't tried any other none net connected game to discount any internet problems.
Perfmon doesn't say anything and yet you are using 100% CPU whilst running games.

So what happened 2 weeks ago ?

FlayThenHook

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016
Not sure, I know I didn't download any Malware though. My computer just started lagging. I found out when I went into a game of LoL and I was lagging super bad and I looked at the performance thing and it said 100% CPU - 90.4% is LoL.

latedev

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
That doesn't mean anything, network connections are device dependent.

As far as anyone knows at this stage is you could have a data miner running, your net drivers could be crap or your hardware could have had it.

I did say a while back that you need to investigate everything and not take half measures. People cannot help you unless you are willing to do the tasks to find problems.

Run this : http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-gb/default.aspx You have 10 days before you have to download again, for the latest updates.
Then this : http://www.rizonesoft.com/downloads/complete-internet-repair/

I notice the question on what the cpu temp really is under load hasn't been answered.

I did see where op said temp was 28c but didn't not answer questions to if this was idle at idle (which I'm guessing it is) because 28c under load for an a10 would be amazing. and also op one post says a temp of 75c which is hot.