Apr 3, 2020
I know I'm going to get some heat for this and yes I eventually down the line want to build my own computer but I currently have a cyberpowerpc and recently I installed a new cpu cooler myself because when I bought it 2 years ago it only had the stock Intel cooler on it which gave me temps that went into the 90's playing games like modern warfare. I installed a new cpu cooler myself which was the cooler master hyper 212 and ever since then I've received this red light on my tower that used to never show up. It doesn't blink it just stays on. I ignored it for the last 2 weeks until recently my computer shut itself off mid gaming and booted itself back up like a restart. So I took the tempered glass panel off to make sure everything was securely plugged in and upon turning the system back on again it would turn itself on and off over and over again. I unplug it and decided to switch my ram sticks with each other (keeping them in slots 2 and 4) and now it stays on again but will shut off after about an hour of gaming. Idle or just internet browsing it stays on all day. The case is a CYBERPOWERPC Onyxia Black Windowed Gaming Case. If anyone could help me with troubleshooting options I'd greatly appreciate it.

Solution
I figured out what my issue was. Using event viewer I learned that I had a couple of error codes and one of them which was the one that likely caused my computer to keep randomly shutting down was that I was missing an important folder in system 32 somehow. I never look in there and never think about touching it so I thought it was odd. After putting in the required files it has not randomly shut off once. As for the red light on my tower it was new to me because it used to never be on. Turns out it was just to indicate that the pc was powered on. It never showed up before because of a loose wire.
Apr 3, 2020
I figured out what my issue was. Using event viewer I learned that I had a couple of error codes and one of them which was the one that likely caused my computer to keep randomly shutting down was that I was missing an important folder in system 32 somehow. I never look in there and never think about touching it so I thought it was odd. After putting in the required files it has not randomly shut off once. As for the red light on my tower it was new to me because it used to never be on. Turns out it was just to indicate that the pc was powered on. It never showed up before because of a loose wire.

Last edited:
Solution