Question How to fix XP Pen Artist 12 Pro stuck in HDMI Diagnostics mode for colour burn testing

Sep 8, 2024
Hi there,
So my xp pen graphics tablet started flashing RGBWB the other day and almost all research have done points to it being a pixel burn test, I contacted the company as they supposedly offer lifetime tech support however they refused to help because its out of warranty by a few months and told me to buy a new tablet. I do not wish to do this for various reasons.

I have tried all the standard methods I could find/think of including uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, trying different drivers [open tablet driver], trying a new cable [It's a hdmi + usb + usb power to usb C cable], trying on another device, trying different graphics card ports, leaving it on for an hour turning it off and unplugging for a week and trying all above again, and disassembling it to see if there was a burnt out component [I'm not an electrical guy though so this wasn't of much use], and also pressing certain combinations of buttons that were mentioned on various sites such as reddit.

None of this has helped. I asked my friend and he said to ask here to see if anyone could help, I hope that the displays section is appropriate.

Windows 10 pro 10.0.19045 build 19045
AMD ryzen 5 3600
32gb ddr4 ram
Nvidea rtx 3060TI nvidea studio drivers 560.70 [I did try downgrading]

It does not cause this on my main screen, only the tablet itself. The only related process running at startup is the companies drivers, I have also tried stopping this process and using open tablet driver.
I could not find anything immediately telling under resource monitor.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
This tablet?

XP tablet - Amazon Link

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Windows?

Look in Task Manager > Startup and also look in Task Scheduler.

The suspected "pixel burn test" may be being launched at startup (Task Manager) or later triggered via some rule in Task Scheduler.

You may also be able to identify the cause by looking in Resource Monitor. Check processes via the CPU tab and see if the pixel burn test can be identified.

Sep 8, 2024
This tablet?

XP tablet - Amazon Link

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Windows?

Look in Task Manager > Startup and also look in Task Scheduler.

The suspected "pixel burn test" may be being launched at startup (Task Manager) or later triggered via some rule in Task Scheduler.

You may also be able to identify the cause by looking in Resource Monitor. Check processes via the CPU tab and see if the pixel burn test can be identified.
Hi, yes it is that tablet. I will update the post now. Many thanks