Question How to format windows C drive for new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2021
I want to know how do I format my current windows C drive for a new computer that I’m building to use it as a Windows C drive. I couldn’t find any good videos, mostly people teaching how to format a secondary drive and not the windows drive for a new computer.

D

Deleted member 14196

Windows install does it for you. Don’t have any othe ssd or hdd connected to power when installing windows

Sep 18, 2021
Windows install does it for you. Don’t have any othe ssd or hdd connected to power when installing windows
I do have an old hardrive but is for videos, I just don’t know if I should click format or delete partitions of the ssd during the windows installation.

D

Deleted member 14196

Delete all partitions during install and let installer use the entire drive. It will create needed partitions

When you delete all partitions there are no partitions left that you could choose.

All you have is unallocated space. The installer will create partitions as it sees fit within that unallocated space.

It will reboot a time or two. Let it do what it wants until it comes to a stop.

DISCONNECT all other drives before you begin the install.

Sep 18, 2021
When you delete all partitions there are no partitions left that you could choose.

All you have is unallocated space. The installer will create partitins as it sees fit within that unallocated space.
Okay, so I just select the unallocated space to install windows?

Sep 18, 2021
There is no other choice. You deliberately and correctly deleted all available partitions.

If your drive was brand new, it would not have any partitions to delete. I assume your drive has partitions now.
This drive was being used on my old computer, I just want to use it on a new computer I just built. But thank you for the advice. I will do this once I get off work and let you know how it went tomorrow .

Status
Not open for further replies.