How to Get Microsoft Office for Free (or Under $50)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroro

Splendid
I'll stick with my copy of office 2013, Since it looks about the same as 2019, is functionally identical for 99.99% of home use cases, and 2019 still hasn't fixed any of the annoying bugs and deliberately slow animations that have been bothering me for the last 6 years. Microsoft's "support" of office is beyond a joke considering Microsoft hasn't significantly updated the suite or added meaningful features since 2010... 2013 is still the most common version used by enterprise customers for a reason.

As for Office 365, if your work isn't already paying for your subscription and requiring you to use their cloud services, then you almost certainly don't need it.

Yet again mentioning a third party key site that has had numerous shady problems around it as a source for legitimate keys.

I have no idea why they would ever be mentioned on a PC Enthusiast site when it has been shown that keys bought there have the potential of being stolen, fraudulent or eventually deactivated.

Reactions: bloodroses

Aaron Priest

Reputable
Sep 21, 2019
Office isn't free on iPad Pro's without an Office 365 subscription sadly. It's only free if your screen size is less than 10.1 inches. I wasn't expecting that when I bought Office 2019 and later upgraded my iPad.

bloodroses

Distinguished
Yet again mentioning a third party key site that has had numerous shady problems around it as a source for legitimate keys.

I have no idea why they would ever be mentioned on a PC Enthusiast site when it has been shown that keys bought there have the potential of being stolen, fraudulent or eventually deactivated.

I thought the same thing as well. I was like "wow $50 isn't bad", until I saw it was Kinguin. You take your risks using them.
https://techguided.com/is-kinguin-legit-windows-games/

slipbits

Reputable
Sep 30, 2019
I use LibreOffice and used to use OpenOffice. Both support the conversion of Microsoft Office documents to an internal format and output of Microsoft documents readable by Microsoft software. Both are open source. Both are 'free', although sending them a coupla' bucks would be useful. I've using this software for maybe 10 years now. Although by no means perfect it is good enough for me and comes loaded with useful features.

The features provided are all of Microsoft Office except, perhaps OneDrive. Since I no longer use Microsoft Office I can't really tell you what features are in this package but are not in Office.

As a sidelight, in 2000 I reported a bug in Word. After one of the forum users 'answered my issue', incorrectly I might add, there was no further dialog. The last time I checked, about 2010, the bug was still there. This has never happened with LIbreOffice or OpenOffice. When a bug is posted a dialog starts to fix it.

Microsoft's forums are one of those forums which are full of users who post lengthy prewritten replies to every thread without ever engaging their brains.

Also StarOffice FTW.

Don't disagree but if you have the patience to wade through it sometimes you will find a gold nugget of information. I have found many a solution on the Microsoft forums.

serhat359

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I used LibreOffice for a while, it was ok. But later I switched to WPS Office and I was mind blown. It's close to identical to Microsoft Office. I recommend the 2016 version though.

Status
Not open for further replies.