How to get rid of Obfuscated-gen & others

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenrage

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
Hello,I'm experiencing some difficulties with Ad Aware v8.3.1 updates and Avast! Antivirus 5.1 - (both are Free); Avast! runs a thorough scan and detects trojans and worms after Ad Aware updates. How do I get directly at these trojans and worms? Where is and how would I get to *PROCESS\12f4\ad-awaremin.exe & *PROCESS\16ac\aawservice.exe... How do I get to these areas?

Solution

1.Temporarily Disable System Restore
2.Reboot computer in SafeMode
3.delte Trojan.Win32.Obfuscated-gen virus files and kill Trojan.Win32.Obfuscated-gen file task process(
4.Delete/Modify any values added to the registry by Trojan.Win32.Obfuscated-gen ;5.delete IE temp files,restart the computer and run a whole scan with antivirus.

ricky_critic

Distinguished
May 27, 2010

1.Temporarily Disable System Restore
2.Reboot computer in SafeMode
3.delte Trojan.Win32.Obfuscated-gen virus files and kill Trojan.Win32.Obfuscated-gen file task process(
4.Delete/Modify any values added to the registry by Trojan.Win32.Obfuscated-gen ;5.delete IE temp files,restart the computer and run a whole scan with antivirus.

Solution

greenrage

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
Thank you for ur info. I found out the trojan/worm were false positives. There were way too many antivirus, spyware software running at once. I've temporarily settled on Avast Antivirus and Advance System Care (both Free). So far things are working; they play nice with each other and rarely give false positives. :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.