[SOLVED] How to make an USB controller work in Windows 10 too

windranger

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012
I have a USB controller (PTZ joystick) working well on Windows 7.

I want to upgrade to Windows 10 but the maker says the controller is not supported on Windows 10 (I actually tried and it doesn't work).
They advised me to buy a new model of same product which is supported on Windows 10.

If price was not so high I would buy a new one, but it's over 400$.

Firstly, I wonder why Windows 10 doesn't support a device that works on W7; I knew backward compatibility is a condition.

My question is if a driver for Windows 10 can be developed for such a device.

Solution
Yeah they could make drivers or I guess the whole software suit run on windows 10 but I guess it's not worth it for the company, they wouldn't get any new money from people for doing it.

You could run windows 7 inside a virtual machine under windows 10 and see if want you want to do is feasible that way.

Windows only really supports drivers for very popular hardware(and even there they just use the drivers that the companies provide) anything else the company that does the hardware needs to supply on their own websites.
Yeah they could make drivers or I guess the whole software suit run on windows 10 but I guess it's not worth it for the company, they wouldn't get any new money from people for doing it.

You could run windows 7 inside a virtual machine under windows 10 and see if want you want to do is feasible that way.

Windows only really supports drivers for very popular hardware(and even there they just use the drivers that the companies provide) anything else the company that does the hardware needs to supply on their own websites.

Solution