Question How to obtain the HP Recovery Media for Pavilion g6-2202TX?

Jun 23, 2021
Hey! I have an HP Pavilion g6-2202TX that keeps getting BSODs (Error Codes: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA) on Windows 10. I tried resetting twice but I still get the BSODs and the booting screen has the Windows 10 logo instead of the HP logo. So I guess something has changed in the BIOS and I need the recovery media (I lost my USB stick with the recovery files) to restore everything.

I tried the HP cloud recovery application but my model is not supported there.

So could somebody please help me find the recovery media?
Thanks in advance!

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
Did you call HP?
They may surprise you. Same thing happened to my sister's EMachines many years ago. She lost her recovery disks and I assumed it would be cheaper to by a new version of Windows,but EMachines only charged $5.

Aug 25, 2020
Hey! I have an HP Pavilion g6-2202TX that keeps getting BSODs (Error Codes: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA) on Windows 10. I tried resetting twice but I still get the BSODs and the booting screen has the Windows 10 logo instead of the HP logo. So I guess something has changed in the BIOS and I need the recovery media (I lost my USB stick with the recovery files) to restore everything.

I tried the HP cloud recovery application but my model is not supported there.

So could somebody please help me find the recovery media?
Thanks in advance!

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205

Hope it will help you

TRENDING THREADS