[SOLVED] How to open S.M.A.R.T in Windows 10?

TheFlash1300

Prominent
Mar 15, 2022
Hello. i heard that there is a built-in Windows 10 program, called S.M.A.R.T. If i activate this program, the program will give me detailed information about the whole system, and information about the health of components like RAM, CPU, and SSD, including the exact number of write/erase cycles the SSD was produced with, the exact number of used write/erase cycles, and the exact number of remaining write/erase cycles. I'm interested in this information, but i don't know how to obtain it.

Can someone tell me how do i activate S.M.A.R.T? The only thing i know is that the program has to be activated after you restart the device, but before Windows 10 is loaded.

So, what buttons do i have to press in order to obtain the information i need?

The device is Acer Aspire A315-22

Solution
Hello. i heard that there is a built-in Windows 10 program, called S.M.A.R.T.
If i activate this program, the program will give me detailed information about the whole system, and information about the health of components like RAM, CPU, and SSD
Can someone tell me how do i activate S.M.A.R.T? The only thing i know is that the program has to be activated after you restart the device, but before Windows 10 is loaded.
S.M.A.R.T is not a program. It has nothing to do with RAM or CPU.
S.M.A.R.T can be enabled/disabled in BIOS.

Essentially S.M.A.R.T. is collection of statistics and parameters, that can be used to diagnose health of a storage device. It is stored in storage device itself.
You can obtain S.M.A.R.T. values with...
As far as I know, there's no built in utility. There is a third party tool called Crystal Disk Info that'll show this though.

However you're not going to find what you're looking for. No SSD keeps track of write/erase cycles. At best you'll just get a TBW metric. And if you're worried about write/erase cycles, ask around, you'll find nobody who's SSD died because it ran out of write/erase cycles in a consumer setting.

Hello. i heard that there is a built-in Windows 10 program, called S.M.A.R.T.
If i activate this program, the program will give me detailed information about the whole system, and information about the health of components like RAM, CPU, and SSD
S.M.A.R.T is not a program. It has nothing to do with RAM or CPU.
S.M.A.R.T can be enabled/disabled in BIOS.

Essentially S.M.A.R.T. is collection of statistics and parameters, that can be used to diagnose health of a storage device. It is stored in storage device itself.
You can obtain S.M.A.R.T. values with specific software - HDtune for example.
For diagnosing your particular SSD it's best to use specific SSD tool provided by manufacturer of said SSD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.M.A.R.T.

Solution