How to set one big resolution ? (2 displays)

dazkyl

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
So i have the 29'' lg and 24'' 144hz monitor hooked up with an hdmi for the lg and a dvi for the 144hz monitor. Both connected to the same gpu (GTX 980)

Thing is i want one big resolution so that when i watch a movie in full screen its like watching it on a 53'' display (24'' + 29'')

How can i do this ?

Thanks

Open your nvidia control panel (in control panel or rightclick in your taskbar).
Go to display and choose setup multiple displays.
Choose for both monitors to 'Configured independently from each other (Dualview)'.

After the adjustments you should be able to see your desktop spanning both monitors.

pauls3743

Distinguished

he can get it by right clicking on the desktop and selecting "NVidia control panel" from the popup menu.

I think you quoted the wrong answer. The other guy answered about going to Nvidia Control Panel.

pauls3743

Distinguished
I didn't misquote, I misread your answer thinking your were explaining how to find the NVidia control panel though the start button.

Anyway, I has an answer.
Open NVidia control panel
Configure Surround -> Span Displays (do whatever you need to here)
Still on NVidia control panel goto menu at top, hit Desktop -> Surround Displays

dazkyl

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013

So this should solve the black bars on the sides ?

pauls3743

Distinguished
That should stretch the taskbar across both screens.

The black bars are a different problem. It sounds like your video player is maintaining the aspect ratio of your movie and your combined screen is too wide for the movie. I would check to see what aspect options you have in your movie player.

dazkyl

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013

The side black bars are even there when im on the desktop , not only the movies.

pauls3743

Distinguished
Tell me more about the black sidebars.

Are they on both screens?
Are they on both sides of the screen?
Does the taskbar stretch the full width of the screen? (drag it onto that screen if need be)

Sod it, assuming the black bands are the one in the earlier screen shot then you problem is simply that the picture is set to center. If you go into the display properties (right click on desktop -> personalize -> desktop background) change the picture position.