Question How to set up VPN in my school PC??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2019
Hello. So i want to set up VPN on my school pc,to connect to the school network from home.(external network)
How can i do this???Any software where i can do this????
Im bit beginner in this theme.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
We do help, literally millions of people, all of the time.

We do have rules and we do not assist with certain types of issues, like installing software where users don't have permission.

Seriously, if for school, the school admins will help you and by working with them, you won't violate any local restrictions/rules.

In fact, if allowed, most school's will have a support website to help students with such questions/needs.

Good luck.

You can't setup a VPN just on the computer side, you need to have the school side configure their network for VPN access. So anything you do will involve the school IP department, go check with them.

To add to this, a lot of corporate and gov't VPN's do secure authentication based on your MAC, Login + PW. If your MAC isn't on their list, then you aren't getting access even if they do have a VPN port on their end.

The question is why do you need access to school network resources from home? What exactly is on those network devices that you need access to? There might be better solutions available to you through the school's IT department.

A lot of schools offer remote terminals (virtual instances of machines) to do work if you need access to special tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.